Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I saw a cop using food stamps

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I was at the grocery store today, and I saw a police officer using food stamps. (He was not in uniform, but I know he is a cop).

How is it, that someone that risks his/her life everyday at their job paid so poorly that they qualify for food stamps? There is something seriously wrong with that.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Replies (381-386):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM
That is sad. I don't know where people get this idea that cops make a good living when they honestly don't. The larger town next to mine has a huge police force. A friend from high school wound up being a cop. He took a second job because he just doesn't make enough.

Quoting Anonymous: My dh is friends with the chief of police and he only makes a little over 40k a year.

Quoting Anonymous: Hick town in Arkansas.

Quoting slb235:

Where is that?

Quoting Anonymous:
Maybe where you live. Where I am from, they get paid just over 10 dollars an hour.

Quoting slb235:

He probably earns $50-70k annually.

I don't think he's paid poorly at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2013 at 3:21 PM
It really is sad. They should be making double what they do, with everything they have to deal with and putting their lives on the line :(

Quoting Anonymous: That is sad. I don't know where people get this idea that cops make a good living when they honestly don't. The larger town next to mine has a huge police force. A friend from high school wound up being a cop. He took a second job because he just doesn't make enough.

Quoting Anonymous: My dh is friends with the chief of police and he only makes a little over 40k a year.

Quoting Anonymous: Hick town in Arkansas.

Quoting slb235:

Where is that?

Quoting Anonymous:
Maybe where you live. Where I am from, they get paid just over 10 dollars an hour.

Quoting slb235:

He probably earns $50-70k annually.

I don't think he's paid poorly at all.

foxfyre0923
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM

bump

foxfyre0923
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM

BUMP!

MrsDunn13
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:24 PM

These days you'd be surprised who qualifies for and uses food stamps. My husband is military and we need them. The pay is not all that great and alot of the things they use to get for free no long exists. You have ppl who work for the county getting food stamps. Sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM
He might have been buying food for the local
shelter or church pantry. I worked at Kmart in high school and a lot of organizations had the food stamp card just for things like this. Women's shelter too. Anything like that. They probably weren't for him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)