Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I saw a cop using food stamps

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I was at the grocery store today, and I saw a police officer using food stamps. (He was not in uniform, but I know he is a cop).

How is it, that someone that risks his/her life everyday at their job paid so poorly that they qualify for food stamps? There is something seriously wrong with that.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
slb235
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM

You've said this twice now.

What's the point of your post?

Quoting Anonymous:
You obviously don't understand the point of this post
Quoting Howardx5:

Maybe they werent his foodstamps- but he was shopping for an elderly family member? 

it really doesnt matter. you know hes a cop so if they ARE his than you know hes working and just mooching off the system. so its really none of your business. 

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM
3 moms liked this
Because they're not reading the post. Smh.

Quoting chicklopez:

Why does everyone assume the words FS in the OP means OP is bashing FS users. Shes said multiple times she thinks its wrong his pay is so bad he would qualify for them.

Which I agree. The people putting their life on the line to protect us, should be paid much better.

slb235
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM

What area is that?

Quoting Anonymous:
Cops in my area don't get paid well at all. 
Quoting Anonymous:
Cops gets pay pretty well..he was probably using some family members card... my brother works for the military and gets pay pretty well.. but my mom and siblings were on foodstamp..

And because my brother is a dumbass and waste all his money each month, he takes my moms card to go buy food sometimes..I know its messed up..
Mandallyn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM
What rank is your brother?

Quoting Anonymous:

Cops gets pay pretty well..he was probably using some family members card... my brother works for the military and gets pay pretty well.. but my mom and siblings were on foodstamp..

And because my brother is a dumbass and waste all his money each month, he takes my moms card to go buy food sometimes..I know its messed up..
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I certainly think police officers, fire fighters, and EMTs should be paid more. It's said that the people who risk their lives to protect and help people are paid so little.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM

He could be a foster parent. They usually get Food Stamps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM
5 moms liked this
Long story. Short version. She doesn't think it's fair that men and women who risk their lives for the community should be on food stamps. There's something wrong when the people who protect us can't adequately provide for their families! Good gracious. Was it really that hard to understand?

Quoting slb235:

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting Howardx5:

Maybe they werent his foodstamps- but he was shopping for an elderly family member? 

it really doesnt matter. you know hes a cop so if they ARE his than you know hes working and just mooching off the system. so its really none of your business. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Nc

Quoting slb235:

What area is that?

Quoting Anonymous:
Cops in my area don't get paid well at all. 

Quoting Anonymous:

slb235
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Usually when the city needs more money for other things, they'll threaten to cut their wages to get citizens to agree to a tax hike.  A lot of times, PD, Fire, and EMTs suffer the consequences of political skirmishes.

Quoting RMB2011:
I certainly think police officers, fire fighters, and EMTs should be paid more. It's said that the people who risk their lives to protect and help people are paid so little.
slb235
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM

yep

Quoting Anonymous:

Long story. Short version. She doesn't think it's fair that men and women who risk their lives for the community should be on food stamps. There's something wrong when the people who protect us can't adequately provide for their families! Good gracious. Was it really that hard to understand?

Quoting slb235:

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting Howardx5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)