Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does Anyone Else Know About Comet ISON Going By Our Sun On Thanksgiving Day?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
So yes there is a comet. Actually 3..comet LoveJoy, comet Inky, & the biggest one comet ISON. I'm no scientist on comets but back in January NASA came out saying these comets would go by the sun sometime in November 2013. They said Comet ISON is huge! And its tail is extremely long.They said everyone would be able to see its light even in broad daylight..then they said they would keep the public updated on it's arrival ..they did its set to go by the sun November 28 & 29 2013. That's Thanksgiving day & black Friday. Now it may not on thoes days..this is coming from NASA. They haven't told us anything about the comet's since January. They have locked up all websites with information on the comet, they have disclosed all pictures taken from space of it. They won't let there scientists study it. And it's not making the news. This comet ISON and its two others INKY & LOVEJOY is apparently coming. Its not just going by the sun. Its going to loop around it.as in in our sight then back around the back side of the sun. COMET ISON IS SAID TO BE THE BRIGHTEST THING IN THE SKY SINCE THE STAR OF BETHLEHEM. every one knows the star of Bethlehem was there as a sign that a king/a Savior was born. (Jesus Christ ). Now I'm going off on a Biblical prophecy and its because the bible prophecies do say that in the last days before Christ returns (the rapture ) ..there will be signs in the moon, sun & stars also in the heavens. Could this be a sign from God that his son (ironic because the comets name is ISON) lol..is coming for his bride soon? No one will know until it happens. This comet is not only going by the sun. But on the day that Israel became a nation. Which is also the same day as a Jewish holiday. I think its the Chanukkah Correct me if I'm wrong .. Anywho be on the look out in the skies. . We should be able to see it in daylight.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Yuppers i'm incited about it :) Not a doom and gloomer :)

macysmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Ah man, neat! I hope I see it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I'm excited.  Though I haven't been able to see it yet tonight.

And I'm a bit scared we'll get hit.  I mean, I've seen the charts and the science, but I've always wondered, if something was going to hit us, would they tell us?  Or give us a pretty little story to explain why it looks like it is getting closer?

I don't know, I've always been paranoid of comets and asteroids to be honest.  Watched one too many "IT KILLED THE DINOS" documentaries in my impressionable years!

lincolnlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM
We'll only be able to see it if it doesn't get burned up by the sun.
baquick
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Hmm. Cool.
MomLife16
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:51 AM
NASA put up something about it Nov 16. Calm down dude.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Yes that was talk about it getting burned up by the sun as it nears its surface .. its going to be like 700 k miles from tbw surface which is very close. If it don't make it by and around the sun and it gets burned up. Then it will explode ..and probably in a lot of pieces. Thoes pieces could fall to the earth. Creating major damage to everything! Or it could make for an awesome show and make it around the sun. Its tail is said to be millions of miles long. NASA don't know what's all in it. Because it keeps picking up things as it goes along. Its kind of scary because its obviously something we haven't seen. Or no nothing about. If it does make it without blowing up. The sky afterwards will be like the northern lights for 2 weeks or so. Again this is what NASA said back in January. Makes me wonder why they are so hush about all this comet talk now.

Quoting lincolnlady:

We'll only be able to see it if it doesn't get burned up by the sun.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Yes they said its not even that big of a comet. They completely changed there story.

Quoting MomLife16:

NASA put up something about it Nov 16. Calm down dude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Bump
soon2bmomof2grs
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 2:05 AM

That's awesome! I hope I remember to check the sky when I am outside smoking!

I am all for the 2nd coming! It'll happen when it happens, so I'll just be here enjoying my time on this planet while I wait ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)