Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he wants her this afternoon and she

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 145 Replies
Doesn't want to go she's 3 we have a c/o in place that says he gets her every other major holiday and every weekend. I had her holloween and he just called my mom and asked if it was ok to get her this afternoon. I asked her if she wanted to go she said no i don't want it to sound like i'm keeping her from him. Halloween isn't a major holiday in my defense he's had her more than me 3 holidays instead of every other major holiday. He had her easter memorial day and labor day i had her for halloween and fourth of july and automatically get her christmas which he tried to weasel his way in on and i told him no he gets her christmas eve until 8p. Seems like he's trying to weasle his way into taking her from me by keeping her later and taking her on holidays that should be mine aint happening!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM
34 moms liked this

Does your CO state which holidays are "major"?

And it's not up to a 3 year old whether she "wants" to go with her father or not.  Don't put the child in the middle like that. If it's her dad's day you excitedly tell her she gets to go with daddy, you get her ready, and you HELP HER feel comfortable.  You don't ask if she wants to go....jeezus christ.

HippiPotPi419
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM
14 moms liked this
Don't do this to your kid. She needs to go spend time with him too. Be thankful he wants to be a dad. ( 3 year olds say no to a lot of things)..LOL. have a good Thanksgiving ...its not about winning.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

No wonder you guys broke up....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM
4 moms liked this
She's 3. You had no business bringing her into it by asking het
luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this
It's not about you, it's about your DD. It's GOOD for her to spend time with her dad. He's not even taking her for the day, sounds like you're still getting half the day. Stop bitching and send her with dad. She probably said no because of things she has heard from you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Your first mistake was asking her if she wants to go. Grow up. Don't so that to your child.
AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

unless the CO states specifically what a major holiday is, then send her, it is his holiday.  i dont care if she doesnt want to go, like a PP stated, you get her ready, all excited, and she goes.

i tell my kids when they have to go with daddy, and even if they say no, i tell them that daddy misses them and it's time to spend time with him.  They even go crying, because i know within 5 minutes they wont want to leave him

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM
She is half him too... Just because she came out of your belly HE put her there. You should encourage a relationship with her dad. Dads play a huge role, a role moms can't ever 100% cover, in children's lives. Quit being the wedge between them and be happy she has a dad who wants her around and loves her.
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Can you guys split the day ?
ewunia79
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM
If she won't go now, you won't have her on Christmas. I'd prefer to have her on Christmas. Don't you agree?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN