Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH unless you are going to be paying my rent DONT tell me where I can live!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
so I am 26 and finally saved enough money to move out of my moms. (long story short every time I would start saving something would go wrong on my moms house and she wouldn't have the money to pay it so my savings would have to pay for repairs or new appliances on top of me paying her 400 a month in rent) anyway, I am very low income and I found an apartment that includes utilities and internet that is in my price range (by not paying utilities I can afford 100 more in rent) the down side being it is near a few halfway houses and isn't in the best neighborhood. rhe apartment complex is secure (gates you need either a code or magkey to get in, security doors etc) well I was.telling my mom that I really liked the apartment, that I could afford it, etc and that I was thinking about moving there when they have an opening. all she said was "you are not moving my grandson into THAT neighborhood." ok.... then.she starts listing all these apartments that are 700-800 a month for a one to two bedroom that are crazy expensive and then mentioned her friends that have apartments in a worse neighborhood than what I was looking at before. she is acting like she is happy I am finally going to be a grown up again and live on my own after getting back on my feet yet she wants me to do it on her terms. she wants to pick the neighborhood and the apartment for me. well im sorry that's not going to happen. it may suck right now but I will be able to move somewhere better eventually.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (41-50):
Sapience.Ghost
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Get on craigslist and put in all inclusive or all bills paid for apartments/houses and it should pull up a few in your area. More and more people are going that way when renting. Most people just don't know how to find those properties. All my rental property is all inclusive.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion.

No one is entitled to be ignorant.

ᔕᗩᕈᓰᗴﬡᑕᙓ ᘐᖺᗝᔕ♈

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM
thats cheap for rent here a studio apartment in the hood is typically 400-450 a month plus utilities. my monthly income is 700 dollars. its called budgeting.

Quoting Anonymous:

If your low income or as you say very low income then how do you pay 400 plus utilities plus save m money? Sounds like your just trying to get us to agree with you. Stay home.. get a better job and don't move your kid into the slums wait till you can really afford it
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM
thank you for the tip :)

Quoting Sapience.Ghost:

Get on craigslist and put in all inclusive or all bills paid for apartments/houses and it should pull up a few in your area. More and more people are going that way when renting. Most people just don't know how to find those properties. All my rental property is all inclusive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Your mom is probably worried about you and her grandchild as well as how she will pay her bills now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Id rather live in a homeless shelter than with your mother! I cant stand people like that.
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM

so,if moms so opposed,how about she pay back all the money her daughter put out so she can afford more rent?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:25 PM
700-800 is expensive? Lol that's the prices of bad areas here. In order to even be in a ok area here it's 1200+ for a one bedroom.
I would love to pay that much for a nice place. I live in a bad area and I pay 900 a month for a two bedroom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM
lol yeah I.live in the lower part of MI. apparently rent is. cheap here.

Quoting Anonymous:

700-800 is expensive? Lol that's the prices of bad areas here. In order to even be in a ok area here it's 1200+ for a one bedroom.

I would love to pay that much for a nice place. I live in a bad area and I pay 900 a month for a two bedroom.
flprincessmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM
My son & I lived in the projects in NY or years before moving to Florida and I can tell you the residents ( mostly single moms) looked out for each other and there was less racism & hatred in NY than Florida....from what my family has dealt with here in the South you would think it was 60 years ago...and they are rude...you live where u can afford....a locked door is nothing to a criminal...crime happens everywhere.....just be smart about your business and you will be fine...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

thats cheap for rent here a studio apartment in the hood is typically 400-450 a month plus utilities. my monthly income is 700 dollars. its called budgeting.

Quoting Anonymous:If your low income or as you say very low income then how do you pay 400 plus utilities plus save m money? Sounds like your just trying to get us to agree with you. Stay home.. get a better job and don't move your kid into the slums wait till you can really afford it

honey 700 a month? Stay at home that's horrible
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured