Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stop making excuses for them, they are racist. Edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 288 Replies
19 moms liked this

This is a spin off from the "I won't let my kid play with your white kid" post.    

There were some who were obviously making excuses for the racist mom of the little boy. I ask why? Why make such blatant lies and excuses when you know that she is racist (from the post)? Black Americans can be racist against White American's, it does happen. Saying  that you know others whom don't let their black children "have true friendships with kids of other races" and then babbling on excuse after excuse using 'white America' and how 'unfairly black Americans are treated' is BS. If ANYONE of ANY race doesn't let their kid play with kids of opposite races for the sole reason because of that kids race THEY ARE RACIST. It is common sense. __~*Edit: I just love how so many assume I am white, sorry to disappoint but I am full blooded Cherokee. I grew up on a reservation with four generations of my family until my parents left when I was 10 years old. I also was told not to "be friends or have any relationships with anyone outside of the Cherokee". So I can relate, luckily I realized it for what it was and didn't follow their beliefs. I have nothing against ANY race, only those individual idiots who caused my ancestors such pain and anguish. Holding an entire race to blame for what some did is ignorant IMO. I think it is pretty telling though that so many assumed I was white just from the nature of the post, either way it is still a valid point no matter if I was white, black, latino, Chinese,...etc. If race is the sole reason you do not want your kid being friends or more with another child then you are racist. Please tell me more about this 'ethnic identity' I found that pretty ignorant personally, you can still maintain an ethnic identity while having friends of all races. I maintain my native identity very well and I have friends and now family of all races.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Nope.
1stpreggers
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Stupid job! What'd I miss ??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Sigh.
Ethnic experiences are not the same across the board. And screaming 'racist' is just kind of shallow yhinking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leksismommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM
17 moms liked this
In this country only white people can be racist, apparently
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
That font color is impossible to read.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this

A little girl is not allowed to play with a little boy because the the little boy's mother does not want the boy to play with white kids. A few people in the post said that it's okay for black people to not want their kids playing with other races, white in particular, and it is not considered racist. However, if it were the white mom saying that her daughter could not play with the black child, then it would be racist.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Perfect_Misfit
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't particularly want my children playing with white children and I'm white.
1stpreggers
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM
You have weird shaped eyes

Quoting Anonymous:

That font color is impossible to read.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

No what is 'shallow thinking' is basing how you are treated by some on a whole group of people, that is stereotyping.  Just because you may have been treated badly by some white Americans doesn't mean you shouldn't allow your kids to have friendships with those of that race, that then makes YOU racist. I guarantee you if this was reversed you would be one shouting racism.

Quoting Momniscient:

Sigh.
Ethnic experiences are not the same across the board. And screaming 'racist' is just kind of shallow yhinking.

notyoursoryours
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I just wouldn't want my son playing with little spoiled assholes.. Doesn't matter the race to me.

I would find it racist if a person won't let their kids play with other kids based specifically on race.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)