Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Thanksgiving rant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am so sick of everyone complaining about retail workers having to work today/tonight. You do realize that consumers created the demand right? What about everyone else stuck working--nurses, doctors, cops? Do you also feel bad for them?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
macysmom
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM
4 moms liked this
What about our guys over seas that are getting shot at for thanksgiving?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Right? There are so many people so far from their families. Retail may suck but at least most of those people can spend so e time with their families.

Quoting macysmom:

What about our guys over seas that are getting shot at for thanksgiving?
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM
5 moms liked this

This is what I posted on my FB earlier this month:

You know what, I am so tired of all the damn WHINING about working on Thanksgiving! At least you have a damn job!!! Did you whiners stop to think about that?? So what that it is at Walmart, Target, whatever ... IT IS A DAMN JOB! 

You are NOT the only one that has to work!! What about the cops, medical professionals, fire fighters, soldiers, etc that have to work and don't get to be with their families for dinner? These people also have to work on Christmas, New Years, Easter and every other damn holiday! 

GET OVER IT and BE THANKFUL YOU HAVE A JOB!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Love this!

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

This is what I posted on my FB earlier this month:

You know what, I am so tired of all the damn WHINING about working on Thanksgiving! At least you have a damn job!!! Did you whiners stop to think about that?? So what that it is at Walmart, Target, whatever ... IT IS A DAMN JOB! 

You are NOT the only one that has to work!! What about the cops, medical professionals, fire fighters, soldiers, etc that have to work and don't get to be with their families for dinner? These people also have to work on Christmas, New Years, Easter and every other damn holiday! 

GET OVER IT and BE THANKFUL YOU HAVE A JOB!!

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Yes and yes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:46 AM
4 moms liked this
There's another very long post about this already. Shopping in NOT A NECESSITY but I guess for greedy people who just think about themselves it might be. Cops, firefighters, EMT, doctors, nurses, military, 911 operators, all know when they sign up for a job they will be working holidays. Until recently, retailers were closed on Thanksgiving. That's the difference. Guess what. If stores didn't open thanksgiving, they'd still make the same amount because people would just shop Friday. Plus then they wouldn't have to pay their workers extra. But Americans want the option to shop and save a dollar regardless how it affects anyone else.

Eta: no whining here, I will be home enjoying the holiday with my family while my nieces and nephew won't see their mom from 5 am until 9pm tonight. When she's normally been off on thanksgiving because stores were closed!
hemanclub
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

No. Nurses, doctors, cops know exactly what they are signing up for and generally get compensated for working holidays.  Retail works don't always get extra pay or a choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM
How about that they (retail) CHOOSE to work there. Like they don't know they will have to work holidays.
Sj218
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I worked in retail for a lot of years. 5 years was at a grocery store. I LOVED working in thanksgiving! Sure, we closed at 5:00, but the people that came in were so grateful we were open and so kind and polite. It was fun! And I made OT plus holiday pay....what's better than that?
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
How exactly are doctors and cops comparable to retail workers?

Plus, cops and doctors generally get holiday pay and rotating schedules...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN