Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So angry at my daughter right now

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 195 Replies

My DH and I had to rush out of town for a family emergency yesterday. We told my daughter we'd be back in time for Thanksgiving dinner and left her in charge of her brother. She's almost 18 and he's 6.

He has separation anxiety and since I'm a SAHM he is rarely away from me besides school. I've only ever been away from him one night. According to my daughter, he was on edge and in a bad mood. He was watching TV when she came and told him it was homework time. He apparently said "no". My daughter went to turn off the TV and he kicked her. She told him to apologize and he said no and did it again. 

My daughter then DRAGGED him to his room, shut the door and said he was in there for the rest of the night. She didn't let him out for the rest of the night besides to brush his teeth, and only fed him a sandwich with turkey and lettuce. This morning she brought unflavored oatmeal upstairs but still didn't let him out.

I'm angry that my son behaved that way, but I'm furious that my daughter punished him in such an over the top way. I told her that and we got into an argument. She's upstairs and not speaking to me.

Happy Thanksgiving to me, I guess. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM
29 moms liked this

ehh, I don't think what she did was that bad

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM
18 moms liked this

oh,lord..evan and mayas mom?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM
5 moms liked this
Well. He probably won't tell her "no" again.
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM
4 moms liked this
Probably shouldn't have expected her to watch your son, especially since he has "separation anxiety".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Who?

Quoting quinnsmom715:

oh,lord..evan and mayas mom?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM
5 moms liked this
Then watch your own kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this
You are an idiot. Your dd is not a built in babysitter. If you don't like the punishment handed out, raise your own damn kid.

Btw, last time I saw a post akin to this the dd went to college and refuses to have anything to do with her family, so if you give a crap about your dd you better back pedal and realize you are the only person who should be given a time out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM

You think a 6 year old having basically a 12 hour punishment for a fit is okay?

Quoting Amybelle:

ehh, I don't think what she did was that bad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM
20 moms liked this

While her punishment might seem over the top to you. Kicking the Adult who is charged with your care is way way way over the top...and demands some serious disipline.

I would let it go.  You left her in charge and her younger brother assaulted her. This would be a deal more serious if he was 14 and she was 26. In fact if he does it then-he could be jailed. Time to make it clear that physically assaulting someone is pretty damned serious!

vindicated
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM
6 moms liked this

atleast she didnt kick him back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN