Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want to sound pathetic, BUT I feel dissed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies

Honestly, I don't want to sound like a high school girl. But I know it may come off that way. I just need to vent about something because it's confused me. 

I have a friend I've known for over 2 years. We have spent the last 2 Thankgivings together. We would go to their house. Today, I didn't hear a word from her. Not even Happy Thanksgiving. I was a little hurt she didn't invite us over but figured she was maybe somewhere else. So that's fine, but to not even wish me or anything? Last week she put up some saying on FB and tagged all her friends. I even am friends with some of the people. She didn't include me! Yes yes, it sounds high schoolish, but it took me off guard. Especially since 2 weeks ago I made a post and tagged my friends and included her! She was the first person I thought of when I posted it! I mean, it's all petty stuff, but when I add it all together it just seems like somehow I got dissed. I don't even want to ask her what's up because I just don't even want to get into that conversation. I just want to leave her be. But I still need to vent a little, so that's why I chose to come here. I guess the PMS isn't helping the situation much either. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM
3 moms liked this
Does your phone not work?
2ninos4me
by Mrs.Erika2 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Id just ask her because the answer won't come up to me on its own lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Why not just talk to her and be an adult about it?  It could be nothing or it could be something major going on.  If she says "hey we are growing apart and in different directions" that is fine,  if she says "you did such and such to me a while back" then you know how to fix it.

geek.girl
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Just ask her. You might have done something and could fix it before this gets too big.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't like confrontation, but id want to know why her attitude had changed. Ask her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM
4 moms liked this

I have a friend who similar stuff happened with. I finally asked her if something had happen that made her distance herself and she turned it back on me saying "you never text, you never invite me over, you never, blah, blah'". I kinda laughed it off because our last 3 facebook conversations were started by me and in 2 of them I invited her over. I decided to distance myself from her after that. It's not worth the headache. Write her and gently ask what happened. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM

You know, this just may be her issue with me. Although, now that I think about it, I recently invited her and her family somewhere just a few weeks ago. I don't know.  I may find a way to talk to her about it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a friend who similar stuff happened with. I finally asked her if something had happen that made her distance herself and she turned it back on me saying "you never text, you never invite me over, you never, blah, blah'". I kinda laughed it off because our last 3 facebook conversations were started by me and in 2 of them I invited her over. I decided to distance myself from her after that. It's not worth the headache. Write her and gently ask what happened. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I had the same thing today with a friend. Tried calling txting messages on facebook no response. We even saw each other yesterday and everything was cool and plans still set to go over for thanksgiving. I'm not sure what's going on. But they could of at least let us know since we didn't buy for thanksgiving this year on the account we were going to their house.

Happy thanksgiving!

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly, I don't want to sound like a high school girl. But I know it may come off that way. I just need to vent about something because it's confused me. 

I have a friend I've known for over 2 years. We have spent the last 2 Thankgivings together. We would go to their house. Today, I didn't hear a word from her. Not even Happy Thanksgiving. I was a little hurt she didn't invite us over but figured she was maybe somewhere else. So that's fine, but to not even wish me or anything? Last week she put up some saying on FB and tagged all her friends. I even am friends with some of the people. She didn't include me! Yes yes, it sounds high schoolish, but it took me off guard. Especially since 2 weeks ago I made a post and tagged my friends and included her! She was the first person I thought of when I posted it! I mean, it's all petty stuff, but when I add it all together it just seems like somehow I got dissed. I don't even want to ask her what's up because I just don't even want to get into that conversation. I just want to leave her be. But I still need to vent a little, so that's why I chose to come here. I guess the PMS isn't helping the situation much either. 

SleuthMaria
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:31 PM
4 moms liked this

Did you call or text her to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving? You know phones work both ways & you really shouldn't be mad at her for not calling if you didn't call her either.

I have people I meant to call today. I did think about them & fully intended to call, but got busy with family stuff & the time got away from me & suddenly, it was too late to call. I'm assuming the same thing probably happened on their end. I plan to call them sometime over the weekend.

Maybe you should call your friend tomorrow & wish her a belated Happy Thanksgiving, or even just say "Hi" & have a friendly chat. No need to bring up the FB thing or Not talking or getting together on Thanksgiving.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
phones work both ways lol you could call or txtx her
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)