Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

that little brat killed santa

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
My sisters 7 year old step daughter told my 4 year old santa was not real. My sisters 10 year old dd also still believes in santa and over heard this.

Even though my sister and her daughter both told step daughter santa is real she kept saying it with a huge grin on her face (you know the ones kids get when they do something they know they shouldn't) and she kept looking at my dd.

Finally after she said it a few times I looked straight at her and told her only silly people didn't believe in santa and she needed to shut her mouth and eat her food. Yes I was ticked off and it came out in my voice. Guess what? She shut up and ate her food with not another peep.

I am so mad at this child and honestly I don't know how to fix this. Dd hasn't brought it up yet but she likes to think about things and then question them so I imagine in the next day or 2 I will be having this conversation with her.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:58 AM
2 moms liked this

You could take the "Santa is a feeling, an idea brought to life" approach.  That's how my parents did it, and to this day I still get a gift from "Santa."  LOL

crescentstar2
by Anne on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:59 AM
2 moms liked this
When my oldest questioned Santa he was about 4. I said that a long time ago he was a real person that gave to those that needed. The Santas we see today are to remember the goodness in the one that was
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:03 AM
I haf planned to do that in a few years when she asked on her own. After she had had a chance to experience the magic of santa. I wanted her to have that truly amazed feeling on Christmas when santa left her the one thing that she really really wanted. And this is really the year for that. She is at the perfext age to believe on her own not just because I told her so.
And that girl has probably ruined it.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

You could take the "Santa is a feeling, an idea brought to life" approach.  That's how my parents did it, and to this day I still get a gift from "Santa."  LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Be honest, and tell her what I told my SIL when she came in crying about Santa not being real..

Santa is in our hearts, which is why he knows if you've been good or bad. It's just a small part of how we celebrate our love and kindness together. After that SIL was happy and decided on her own that kids who don't believe don't get presents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:03 AM
She was a little snot, but they have to learn someday so maybe now is the time?
MissBoop76
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Tell your kids and have your sister do the same that santa won't be bringing sd daughter anything special because she doesn't believe in him anymore and leave off one special gift that would've been from santa

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:07 AM
I am thinking about telling her that the reason she doesn't believe in santa is because he doesn't bring her anything because she is naughty.
Dd tells me every time she has to play with her that the girl is naughty and mean. But this is the first year she has understood the naughty and nice part of santa so maybe that will work.... I hope anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

Be honest, and tell her what I told my SIL when she came in crying about Santa not being real..

Santa is in our hearts, which is why he knows if you've been good or bad. It's just a small part of how we celebrate our love and kindness together. After that SIL was happy and decided on her own that kids who don't believe don't get presents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:09 AM
I'm thinking something like this.
Dd always tells me how the little girl is mean and naughty so I think ill tell her she doesn't believe in santa because she is on the naughty list and so he doesnt bring her anything.

Quoting MissBoop76:

Tell your kids and have your sister do the same that santa won't be bringing sd daughter anything special because she doesn't believe in him anymore and leave off one special gift that would've been from santa

JulietAngel89
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I would have been pretty pissed off. When my kids do finally learn about it (which wont be for a long time!) I will tell them not to ruin it for other kids. 

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Just tell her about the spirit of santa, allow her to help in the being of santa to another child, and help her to experience Christmas on a whole new level.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)