Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

F*** WALMART** UPDATE**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Mobile Photo

This was the only thing my dd has asked for. i was excited when I saw that walmart had it for 49.99 so i planned a sitter stayed up instead of sleeping before I had to go to work and waited in line for an hour and a half. Get home charge it turn it on and the damn screen it broken! Walmart said there is nothing they can do but give me a refund. Even though they are still in stock online and even though they were giving guarantee tickets that you prepay for in the store and order it online and they ship it to the store. It looks like someone dropped the pallet because the box is fine. The lady didn't even care I was having an issue she couldn't get away fast enough it seemed. Why don't companies care if their service is shitty anymore? Sorry vent over.

I posted what happened on fb. Thank the Lord for friends! One posted a pic of a price tag. Toys r us had a Polaroid table marked down from 129 to 49.99!!!!! I took the first one back after explaining what happened and they took it back no problem! Super excited she's going to get exactly what she wanted for Christmas. And fyi that sale is going till tomorrow for those of you looking for a cheap tablet!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Wait a few days and take it back

Or call cust svc
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:46 AM

Where is the screen broken?

Oh god nevermind, I see it. Very tired. Crap, that sucks!

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:49 AM

I don't see the crack.

*feels blind*

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:49 AM
I emailed walmart.com and rca who makes the tablet. Hopefully one of them will help. I've had issues returning things here before like a recalled toaster(recalled because they were catching on fire) because I didn't have the box!

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Wait a few days and take it back

Or call cust svc
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Shit happens. Could just be that particular store.
BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Same here....

Quoting carterscutie85:

I don't see the crack.

*feels blind*

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:51 AM
It's not a crack. Look at the right side of the screen. That big stripe isn't supposed to be there.

Quoting carterscutie85:

I don't see the crack.

*feels blind*

abt1019
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:51 AM

I agree on waiting a few days. Remember most of these employees have worked two shifts today already. My SO worked 7am-3pm, and went back for a 5pm-1am shift. He goes  back 5am to 1pm. Two shifts are required at his store. If you go when they're tired and over worked, of course they'll stare at you blankly. Their policy, with a receipt, is a refund or exchange. When the sale is over they should get them back in stock in store, and you can do an exchange. Just be patient and keep calling every other day for a stock check, if it's in stock have them put it on hold. Still lots of time until Christmas to get a new one. :)

I miss my SO now. :( Poor dude works Electronics. Worst. job. Ever.

pm4k
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Order it online then take the other one back. If you pay more online take that recept too and tell them that since it was broken you want to be refunded the online price. Wal-Mart will usually work with you. That woman did not handle the situation very well. Hopefully they will do what is right. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:53 AM
The stripe on the right shouldn't be there. Like when a flat screen falls the screen breaks.

Quoting BekahBrownEyes:

Same here....

Quoting carterscutie85:

I don't see the crack.

*feels blind*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)