Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another late Thanksgiving surprise..ugh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Last year about this time on Thanksgiving I was on the way to the ER with my first kidney stone. I didn't know what was going on I just knew I was in a lot of pain lol. And tonite? I wake up to hurling my guts up....Wth is it with Thanksgiving?Sheesh

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 4:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaelle88
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Chug some cranberry juice... Like a lot of it. I dealt with kidney stones and kidney infections in 2012 when I was pregnant with my son. I was in and out th howpital a lot. Sucked, but this time I just drink a lot.... They had got a stone and tested it, it was basically Calcium so I cut out milk for this pregnancy. Knock on wood though 

MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 4:56 AM

Do you eat a lot of gravy or greasy foods that you normally dont eat...other than Thanksgiving?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Oh I def drink a lot of that since last year lol, I do NOT want to go through that again. But I'm sorry to hear about your problems with them, I couldn't imagine :( 

Quoting mamaelle88:

Chug some cranberry juice... Like a lot of it. I dealt with kidney stones and kidney infections in 2012 when I was pregnant with my son. I was in and out th howpital a lot. Sucked, but this time I just drink a lot.... They had got a stone and tested it, it was basically Calcium so I cut out milk for this pregnancy. Knock on wood though 

PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:05 AM
I just passed mine. It looked like a mini rock hard Koosh ball.

I spent Wednesday in the E.R. and Thanksgiving all doped up.
I had never had one before....that pain is unreal. Wishing you the best.
mamaelle88
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Worse than labor!!! 

Quoting PookaboosMom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:07 AM

I'm not much of a gravy eater that's about it. But I think I might have food poisoning. I mean I had a few glasses of wine but I've never got sick over wine. 

Quoting MomOf3AngelBabe:

Do you eat a lot of gravy or greasy foods that you normally dont eat...other than Thanksgiving?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Oh poor thing :( I'm sorry! Glad you passed it though :)

Quoting PookaboosMom:

PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:08 AM
It really is. My BP top number is usually 110, when I got to the ER it was 165. I almost passed out in the triage room lmao

Quoting mamaelle88:

Worse than labor!!! 

Quoting PookaboosMom:

mamaelle88
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:08 AM

They ended up doping me with morphine,,, and while pregnant. I ent in the er a few weeks ago for back pain thinking kidney stones and right away they gave me morphine but I ended up having an allergic reaction to it. Thank god it was just a nerve pinched. But I started just drinking a lot more juices and water. I've always been dehydrated so I just drink anything and everything.... Seems to gave helped thus far... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh I def drink a lot of that since last year lol, I do NOT want to go through that again. But I'm sorry to hear about your problems with them, I couldn't imagine :( 

Quoting mamaelle88:

mamaelle88
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:10 AM

I remember I was actually admitted from er to an actual room. Stayed in for 2 days due to the kidney infection and they wanting me to pass a stone, and the pain was so bad I was literally pissing myself cause I couldn't get up out of bed quick enough... Horrible experience I wish on no one

Quoting PookaboosMom:

It really is. My BP top number is usually 110, when I got to the ER it was 165. I almost passed out in the triage room lmao

Quoting mamaelle88:

Worse than labor!!! 

Quoting PookaboosMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured