Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My father is a dead beat dad, and has been since i was 11.

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:19 AM
  • 3 Replies

My father never set foot in the hospital when i had cancer 3 FUCKING TIMES. In High school. 14, 15 , 17. I have 3 grand kids of his and one on the way. Does he visit ever? NO. He asks my sisters to ask me to call him. He can call or contact me if he wanted to. I debate seeing him or not. He never bothered to see his TEENAGE DAUGHTER GOING THROUGH CANER ALL 3 SEPARATE TIMES.

(I was told I could never have kids and am on #4, our last, but he's never met my youngest, 13 months now). When he did meet me and my older children I saw him for 20 minutes at most. 

Do you have a dad who was never there? Or did you have a great dad? I wish I had one. 

BabyFetus Ticker

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sparkle.ana
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I have both. My biological father is a waste of space. He is abusive, a drunk, and a terrible human being all around. My adopted dad, who is really my only dad, is amazing. He's very involved in all his grandkids' lives, he's loving and caring and an amazing man.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:22 AM
My grandparents raised me because my mom was a deadbeat & doesn't know who my dad is. My grandma has been gone for 8 years & I miss her terribly. My grandpa is amazing!
I'm so sorry. I finally cut my mom out because I just couldn't deal with her selfish entitlement.
MaiVal
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:25 AM

I feel that way too, but I can't help but miss my dad. He's a nice guy when i'm around him, but he never tries to be around me. It makes me not want to be around him, yet deep inside i miss it when he was an actual dad. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My grandparents raised me because my mom was a deadbeat & doesn't know who my dad is. My grandma has been gone for 8 years & I miss her terribly. My grandpa is amazing!
I'm so sorry. I finally cut my mom out because I just couldn't deal with her selfish entitlement.

BabyFetus Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)