Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this a crazy stupid reason for a ticket?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:01 PM
  • 231 Replies
2 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Is it a waste of tax dollars to give someone a ticket for playing fetch with a dog in a park off leash?

Options:

Not at all, pass them out like candy for that.

Heck yeah, go catch the criminals!!

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 464

View Results

A police officer giving a ticket for playing fetch in a park off leash.  I AM NOT the one who got the ticket. ANd there are no signs that say dogs have to be on a leash at all times anywhere in the park

Free Fitness Coaching, Great Motivation, Nutrition Plans, Workout advice, And Much More

Beachbody Central- Workout, Get In Shape, Lose Some Weight

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM
What was the ticket for? Off leash parks where I live are defined by city ordinances and posted as such. You can't get a ticket when you have not broken a law.
j3st3r
by Jedi on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Is there a leash law where you were?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM
6 moms liked this
If you're breaking the law then you're breaking the law. That's a silly law or there are worse of fences is not a defense against the ticket.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM
If there is a leash law, no.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM
18 moms liked this

No it isn't a waste of time.  If the rules where no off leash dogs and you broke the rules then accept the ticket for purposely breaking the towns ordinances. 

Sorry but many dogs have no business being off leash in public and can be dangerous to wild life and people etc.  The rules are there for a reason you want to play fetch do it on your own property off leash. 

Hoppers33
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't really think it's stupid. You might know your dog won't attack a person or another dog or you might not let it poop all over where kids play, but there are plenty of dogs that do. You can't only let the law apply to certain dogs off a leash.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM
4 moms liked this
A teenager can be dangerous to wildlife and people!

Quoting fullxbusymom:

No it isn't a waste of time.  If the rules where no off leash dogs and you broke the rules then accept the ticket for purposely breaking the towns ordinances. 

Sorry but many dogs have no business being off leash in public and can be dangerous to wild life and people etc.  The rules are there for a reason you want to play fetch do it on your own property off leash. 

Missy.Anon
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I think so, yes.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM

At the park near my house, a sign clearly says all dogs must be leashed at all times. So no, I don't think it's a stupid reason if it's obvious the dog should be on a leash.

)0(
SageAdvice
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM
7 moms liked this

NO, it's not a stupid reason, they have lease laws for many reason. Mainly for both the dogs and humans safety.

What's stupid is anyone thinking they are above the law!

ᔕᗩᘐᙓᗩᕍᐯᓮᙅᙓ

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)