Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Got Married 3 Weeks After We Met.......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I married my husband, who I met online, 3 weeks after we met face to face, 3 months after we first talked online. I had 4 year olds at the time.

Ask me anything

We have been married for 5 years. We have a little girl together and this year, he adopted my 4 year old twins. We have a very solid marriage. It's stronger than a lot of my friends' marriages.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Replies (61-70):
PhoenixFire
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you. Glad it's working out. My DH proposed after 6 weeks so I don't see the big deal.
A year after my daddy passed away, my mom met someone online. They are happily married. It does happen.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I was married super quick too.  I was 6mo's pregnant when I met my husband.  Met him in Nov, engaged by Dec.  Moved in together in Feb.  Son born in March (he signed birth cert even though not bio his) married that Oct. pregnant again by Dec. This was our 1st year. 

Have now been married 16yrs and we have 4 beautiful children. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well you guys as a couple is rare then! Lol I don't think I could ever do that. Was is a quick Vegas like wedding or a real one?

Quoting Anonymous:

5 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ya? How long has it been now??

GarysGirl85
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I believe that when you know that someone is the one it's like bells and whistles going off. My husband and I married 20 days after the 1st time we talked to each other and 18 days after our 1st date. We saw each other in Sept. 1985 but didn't talk until 10/2 and we married on 10/22. We have been married for 28 years and our sons are 27 (born 10 mos. and 7 days after we got married), almost 26, 23 and almost 22.

How did your family react? Mine gave us 6 months at the max.

Jujubee12
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:14 PM

im glad it worked out for yah but what compelled you to do that?

GarysGirl85
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM

It really isn't that rare. I have met a lot of people over the years, myself included, who married within the 1st 1-3 months of meeting someone and their marriages have lasted.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well you guys as a couple is rare then! Lol I don't think I could ever do that. Was is a quick Vegas like wedding or a real one?

Quoting Anonymous:

5 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ya? How long has it been now??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you guys :)  DH and I got engaged after 4 weeks (we also met online) and then married 10 months later.  Been together 7 years now (married 6).

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:19 PM

The very thought of not seeing him daily sucked. I just knew that he was the person I was meant to be with. Waiting didn't make sense, ya know?

Quoting Jujubee12:

im glad it worked out for yah but what compelled you to do that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:19 PM
And people said I was crazy, lol. I met my husband online; we met in person AND moved in together, three months later. A month and a half after that, I proposed. We got married just under seven months later, and conceived our Kiddo two weeks after our first marriage anniversary. We've been married for eight years, and together nine years next month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:21 PM

My Dad was cool with it, my mom....not so much. No one thought we would last. My mom has recently said that we made her eat her words and she couldn't be happier about that. They love him.

His family....well, they don't care much for my husband to begin with. He was an oops baby (he was born 14 years after his sister) and his mom didn't really want him, but his Dad did. He is the only one out of his siblings (he's the youngest of 4) that looks like his Dad...spitting image. When his Dad died, he basically became an outcast.

Quoting GarysGirl85:

I believe that when you know that someone is the one it's like bells and whistles going off. My husband and I married 20 days after the 1st time we talked to each other and 18 days after our 1st date. We saw each other in Sept. 1985 but didn't talk until 10/2 and we married on 10/22. We have been married for 28 years and our sons are 27 (born 10 mos. and 7 days after we got married), almost 26, 23 and almost 22.

How did your family react? Mine gave us 6 months at the max.

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Right, but you had no way of knowing before you married him what kind of father he would be.

Quoting Anonymous:

We've been married 5 years, he's adopted my kids and we have a 4 year old together.

Quoting ivegotrhythm:

Good luck with that.

Glad to know his proven ability to be a father to your child "was a major factor here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)