Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It shouldn't be called Black Friday...

Posted by   + Show Post

It should be called the Hunger Games...people kill and trample each other and the winner gets a $100 tv...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Replies (11-18):
YoureSoVain
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:55 PM

oh, that makes sense. I had to work on BF a couple of times as a teenager, and I know it made me want to kill MY self, so I just figured lol but still from a consumer point of view, I don't think thats a very positive picture, kwim?

Quoting j3st3r:

It's when retail stores typically go from "in the red" to "in the black."

Accounting term for when they turn profitable for the year.

Quoting YoureSoVain:

lol but I am curious as to why the stores started calling it Black Friday, since, as far as i know, the term originated from employees calling it that based on it sucking to have to work it. Definitely a negative term. I just wonder that spin they put on the name?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Wow. You are a fucking bitch!  Yes, her comment was pretty stupid, but you're the one who should keep their mouth shut!

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow.  Don't even open your mouth.  It's abotu the bottom line.  When a business is in the red they are doing poorly.  When they are in the black they are exceeding expectations.  Get an education please or don't open your mouth.

Quoting YoureSoVain:

lol but I am curious as to why the stores started calling it Black Friday, since, as far as i know, the term originated from employees calling it that based on it sucking to have to work it. Definitely a negative term. I just wonder that spin they put on the name?

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Why so mean? Did you miss the $20 crock pot deal today or something?

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow.  Don't even open your mouth.  It's abotu the bottom line.  When a business is in the red they are doing poorly.  When they are in the black they are exceeding expectations.  Get an education please or don't open your mouth.

Quoting YoureSoVain:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Lmao.
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM
It comes from the revenue. Most places are "in the red" meaning not making money until black Friday which puts them in the black (making profit)

Quoting YoureSoVain:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YoureSoVain
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM

so very serious ;) chillax, yo. I get it, I was wrong. I understand the difference between black and red as far as the accounting term goes.

but for real, you seem fun 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting YoureSoVain:

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:01 PM

In some places the majority of consumers act like respectable human beings.  I have never in my life had any issues such as this where I live.  

YoureSoVain
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I get it, i had it wrong, kids, it's really not something that's going to damn my soul or anything... but thanks for having my back anon, anon really tore me a new one, amirite? not sure my self esteem will ever recover...

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. You are a fucking bitch!  Yes, her comment was pretty stupid, but you're the one who should keep their mouth shut!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting YoureSoVain:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)