Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dh has prob with our mixed family? help!!

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM
  • 1 Replies
I married dh 6 months ago after knowing him for a year and a half. I lived with him for 6 months before we got married. I have a 2 year old daughter by someone else (not in picture) and we have a 10 month old son together. We didnt know one another very long before I fell pregnant. He also has a 4 year old daughter with someone else. Dh and his babys mother have been split up for about 2 years. She hates my guts even though shes now married to the guy she cheated on dh with. Jealousy I think? Im not sure. Shes never said a word to me and ignores any attempts I make to speak with her.

Anyway, dh had ALOT of journal entries, written songs, and old messages about his 4 year olds mom when we met. He swears up and down he had been over her for a while when we met but everything I read told otherwise. There was alot of stuff about feeling horrinle his daughter would be in a broken family and that his daughter would be so sad about him and her mom not being together. She cheated on him and got pregnant a year after their daughter was born and left him like it was nothing. So naturally it was hard to get over.

The problem is with me and his concsption of what I thimk of his daughter. I honest to god have no problem with her. We bond, we talk, play, he claims she talks about me often BUT he will make comments when im aggitated about something like "whatd kate do?" (His daughter) or hell say "everytime shes here your in a bad mood" no matter what our argument is about he acts like im mad cause his child is here, they share joint cuatody btw, shes here 3 days a week. we can be upset with eachother over something like he thinks I snapped at him (half the time I dont, hes just too sensitive) and ill respond with I didnt realize I did snap? Then hell say whats made you so mad? My kid? And im like "I never said anytning about your kid and im not aggitated?" And in all honesty I didnt realize what I said was snappy and his kid half the time never does anything for me to get aggitated, I have a child with someone else he avcepts her so I accept his. Their are no problems between me and his daughter and he sees it umtil all of a sudden he wants to say something negative about her being here around me :(

Ive told him since day one that im fine with her and that when shes here I treat her like she my own and he acts fine with it till shes here. He will not let me correct her at all either. If I get onto her no matter how I do it he gets offended and butthurt and gets pissy with me defending what she did, its like she can do no wrong, and trust me all kids do wrong at some point. Even mine. I cprrect my kids so I correct his too. He tells me he wants me to but when I do he gets mad. I dont get it. Im honestly fed up with the crap and dont want to lose a good man over this. But I will not live in a house where I walk on glass not to hurt his feelings over his child ya know? I say nothing wrong.

My question is I think hes having a problem sharing his child with someone else other than her mother. He says no to that when I mention it but what else could it be?? Im stressed beyond belief about it and idk what else to do. I do everything for his daughter that I do for mine and as long as im nice to her, as in no correcting when ahe does wrong dh is happy. But angry and upaet when I do,

Dh left the house with his daughter and said if im not happy to just leave, all because he acts like i have no place with his duaghter, whyd he marry me if hes gonna act like this? Its making me think hes not over his ex and will not be happy till his family ia back together. Wven though he swears up and down thats not it. He wont admit he defends her and blames everything on me. He acts like it never happens. I think he needs help, we need help??
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Blow that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)