Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry but I really could NOT care less about....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies
6 moms liked this
Stores opening on Thanksgiving! I was reading all these ridiculous comments under a news story about people boycotting stores that are opening and how stupid the shoppers are.....that thanksgiving is meant for families and anybody that would shop it pathetic.....

Honestly.....I don't see why anybody cares!! If you work retail then you KNOW that stores have been opening earlier and earlier every year. So if you don't want to work on Thanksgiving then you had a whole year to find a different job.

And calling people who shop on Thanksgiving pathetic is ignorant. What about people who don't have family, or who's family sucks and aren't worth spending the day with? What about people who can't travel to see their family or even people that see their family every single day?? I didn't shop because I am pregnant and tired but I live in the same town as all my family. I see them constantly. Dinner yesterday was no different then many many family dinners we have throughout the year. We went to my parents from 1-4:30pm. Who cares what I do with the rest of the 21.5 hours in the day. (Dinner with my inlaws was today).

Sorry rant over. There were literally thousands and thousands of comments talking about how terrible it is.....I just don't get it! Don't like it? Don't shop!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

wait until the shit storm that's going to come when the marketplace realizes that Christianity no longer rules the nation, and decides to stay open on Christmas.  that's going to be the fun one.

couture-mommy
by She.Me.Her on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I don't get it either.
I shop whenever I need to.
Holidays won't get I'm the way of that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I didn't go shopping on Thanksgiving. I waited until midnight :)
Howardx5
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM

i dont care either! 

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM
9 moms liked this
Yet another of the short-sighted, greedy, consumeristic, materialistic idiots who are ruining the holidays. The pount is that retail workers shouldn't have to "know that they'll likely have to work those days". They should be able to look forward to spending the holiday with their families just like others get to. To feel otherwise is selfish and reprehensible.

And BTW, if you *could* care less, then you must care at least a little.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I just think all the greed is sad. I liked things how they used to be.
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont see anybody boycotting hospitals and nursing homes, saying no one should get sick and old people should take care of themselves, so the doctors and nurses can stay home! 

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Nobody can win this argument and I find it stupid. Either you're for those who WANT to work on the holidays, or your for those who DON'T... No matter which side "wins" there will always be some poor unhappy sap that either wanted to work and couldn't, or didn't want to work and had to.
Aspirell
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Couldn't not could.Carry on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:12 PM
*couldnt, couldn't, couldnt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN