Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

worst customer experience you have had working?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 116 Replies

It was black friday today at walmart in canada (go ahead and bash me for working at walmart but a jobs a job).

anyways i had rude customers like i do everyday.. had one lady get mad at me because everything in the store was not 50% offf.. 

- A lady get mad at me because i don't work in mens wear and didn't know if they had XL Duck Dynasty shirts.. made me call someone to find her a bigger shirt.. 

- A guy was returning a necklace and i had to examine it to make sure it was good for return and the manager told me that me he had to follow me up to the front to get it returned i told him he said "yeah I know im standing right here ".. 

- A lady came in and said your jewerly departement isn't very good it used to be wonderful a few years ago now there no selection (guess over 2000 peices arn't enough?)

im sure there is more im just tired .. 

Anyone else in retail have any wonderful stories?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:19 PM
My most recent was some guy got all pissed off at me because we don't have chip reader enabled yet and his card wouldn't work. So he refused to tip me because it was our fault his card didn't work.. Not the fact that it was completely worn down.

The next time I worked he went on and on about how they love when I'm behind the bar. Ok you're just a douche now..
Torihoney5njn
by Kristy on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Once while working at Starbucks I had a guy get super pissed at a coworker and hucked a full cup of hot coffee at him. Luckily he ducked in time, but I came out from behind the bar and roared at him to get the hell out if my store and if he ever came back I would call the cops.

My regulars all but shoved him outside. It was nuts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I worked retail a long time ago and can't remember the specifics but I do remember smiling to myself when people went bat-shit angry at something that wasn't my doing -like their cc getting rejected. I thought it was funny.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I've never done retail. I work with people who have disabilities. and I actually had a dad call me and complain bc he told staff to take his dd to subway and bring it home and they would eat at home. So the staff ran her through subway and went across the street to McDonalds and got herself lunch. Dad was pissed bc she went to McDonalds and he didn't understand why she had to make two stops and why she couldn't eat at subway. Smh...
OhSara87
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Black Friday sales at old navy this year was easy!! 50% off entire store excluding clearance. No door busters! I think customers like it. Only downside was the long lines to check out which even at peak was only 1 hour and 20 minutes
Hoppers33
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I had a guy "accidentally" pour freezing cold beer down my shirt when I was a waitress. Our shirts were pale yellow :/ I was nervous I would run into a license check on the way home smelling like a brewery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
First of all, anyone who would ever bash you for working at Wal-Mart is horrible. A job, no matter what it is, is better than no job. :)

I used to work retail, for almost six years, so I have had my fair share of horrible experience with customers, as well. My first week at my job (working in the deli of a grocery store), a lady came in and told me that since I had sliced her cheese previously, it was my fault that her son almost chocked while eating it. She screamed at me for it in front of everyone, on the busiest day of the week.

I also had a lady come up to me while she was yapping on her phone (so rude). Even though I was polite, she ignored me the entire time I was slicing meat for her because she was too busy on her phone to acknowledge my existence. When I was done, she grabbed her meat and walked off, without even a simple "thank you." I yelled after her, "you're welcome!" She turned around and said, "excuse me?!" I replied simply, "I said you're welcome." Boy, was she pissed! She even went to management about it. lol.
Chunkymunkey922
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I had an old man INSIST he paid me with a 10$ bill when he only gave me a 5$ I didn't even have a 10$ bill in my register and he accused me of stealing his money. My manager had to come and count my drawer, It was right down to the penny. We had to threaten to call the cops bc he refused to leave
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:27 PM

omg thats horrible

Quoting Hoppers33:

I had a guy "accidentally" pour freezing cold beer down my shirt when I was a waitress. Our shirts were pale yellow :/ I was nervous I would run into a license check on the way home smelling like a brewery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh people have no manners.. my coworker got bitched at because she didn't say please and thank you enough and that in her day she would of been fired.. i know for a fact my coworker is not rude... but apprently we must kiss ass completely.. 

Quoting Anonymous:

First of all, anyone who would ever bash you for working at Wal-Mart is horrible. A job, no matter what it is, is better than no job. :)

I used to work retail, for almost six years, so I have had my fair share of horrible experience with customers, as well. My first week at my job (working in the deli of a grocery store), a lady came in and told me that since I had sliced her cheese previously, it was my fault that her son almost chocked while eating it. She screamed at me for it in front of everyone, on the busiest day of the week.

I also had a lady come up to me while she was yapping on her phone (so rude). Even though I was polite, she ignored me the entire time I was slicing meat for her because she was too busy on her phone to acknowledge my existence. When I was done, she grabbed her meat and walked off, without even a simple "thank you." I yelled after her, "you're welcome!" She turned around and said, "excuse me?!" I replied simply, "I said you're welcome." Boy, was she pissed! She even went to management about it. lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)