Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're a mom, act like One! UPDATE ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 460 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't understand grown women (and men for that matter) who join "fandoms" for TV shows like Dr Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, and movies like Hunger Games or something. What's the appeal? I thought only teenagers joined fandoms.

I really don't get the Dr Who and Hunger Games craze. What's the big deal about a time traveler? And what's the big deal about a movie that glorifies killing kids? You're a parent and you like the Hunger Games? That's sick!

Maybe instead of watching marathons of silly TV shows, you should grow up and be a parent!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

blowing kisses 

I really really love Doctor Who.  My 12 year old DD got me into it lol.  I knew a little bit about it before but I wasn't a huge fan.  Now?  Gimme a fez and a bow tie, damnit!  Because bow ties and fez's are cool!  DD is also into Supernatural and Sherlock, and we're big fans of The Hunger Games.  We were supposed to go see Catching Fire this weekend but I don't think it's going to happen.  The books were awesome and we (my mom included) loved them!

Side note:  My husand's name is Rory and his ex-wife is named Amy.  Sadly, neither of my stepdaughters are River Song.  

And, um, CM admin, we really need a Doctor Who sweetpea.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM

i dont get the appeal either..

CrimsonEleven
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM
23 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:27 PM
11 moms liked this
Meh. We watch TV after DS goes to bed. Just because I like the hunger games and other tv shows, doesn't make me a bad parent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:27 PM
And why do the doctors keep changing? How many doctors are there going to be?

Quoting CrimsonEleven:

Mobile Photo

CrimsonEleven
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:27 PM
20 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

olivia_benson
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:28 PM

What's a fandom?

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:28 PM
19 moms liked this

Fuck you, that's why.

And that's brought to you tonight by a 35 yr old mom who is part of the Gorillaz fandom. 

What exactly are grown ups supposed to do?  Hang out, knit shit and talk about the weather? 

CrimsonEleven
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM
He's a 1200 year old time traveling alien. He regenerates into a new body when the old one dies. Stands to reason.

Quoting Anonymous:

And why do the doctors keep changing? How many doctors are there going to be?

Quoting CrimsonEleven:

Mobile Photo

Krysta784
by Dani on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:30 PM
14 moms liked this
Wow so liking tv and movies makes one a bad parent? Well that's 99.9% of the population then.....

Guess all parents are supposed to be parenting ALL the time! You can't have any adult time! Kids asleep? Go watch them breathe! Read a parenting book! Only non fiction is acceptable! No fun EVER AGAIN!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Let's just get old and boring and never watch movies or tv ever again. 😔
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)