Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She's lost her damn mind! ***update***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
At the beginning of the school year SO's sister had asked me if I could help her friend out by babysitting her baby for her because she had just gotten hired at the school district. I said sure because who couldn't use a little extra money. Biggest freaking mistake I ever made.

I'm just going to fast forward to this week and leave out all the other b******* and drama she's caused. I had asked her to pay me on Tuesday since her child would not be here the rest of the week, and because she owed me money this week. She told me she wouldn't have the money on Tuesday, and that she couldn't even afford to pay me this week. I knew it was a lie because she just stood here last week and told me they had all of this money saved up, but I didn't say anything. What really ticked me off is that I got on Facebook last night and she was out at Walmart and then Target doing some shopping for Black Friday. I called her out on it and told her I didn't appreciate that she lied to my face about it. She proceeded to tell me that her paycheck was her bill money and what she was Christmas shopping with was not for her bills or for me and only for her children's Christmas. What the f*** kind of priorities of that?! I told her she was basically saying that her children's Christmas wants came before my families needs. She claims she is doing nothing wrong and there's no reason for her to see it from my point of view. She is contradicting herself saying she lives from paycheck to paycheck and never has money left over, but did really good at saving money. Well which was it?! I hate f****** liars! I hope she enjoys looking for a new babysitter because I can guarantee you she will be paying someone else a lot more than she pays me. Including holidays and days her kid isn't there.

**Update** she surprisingly came by this afternoon and dropped off my money. She didn't so much as say a word to me. And no, she will not be returning on Monday. I'm done. I do not appreciate people lying to my face then turning around and copping an attitude and telling me that I am in the wrong. Nope, not happening. I managed to keep calm and "speak" (in the messages)to her like a civilized adult, unlike her. She can kick rocks. I've got so much more that I can do now that I don't have to worry about her kid.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trabruno59
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:50 PM
3 moms liked this
I definitely wouldn't sit for her anymore I think your pay should be thought of as a bill. Shes paying your for services which is child care there for its a bill. She should pay you before shopping....sry your being treated like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I don't blame you for being upset. Sounds like she doesn't have her priorities in order. This is a perfect example of why it's never a good idea to do business with people you know personally (or through family members). Take it as a lesson learned and don't babysit for her again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM
She does think of it as a bill, and refuses to pay me with the money she has saved back. I've learned over the last few months that they are shady people, but they have SO's sister so brainwashed that they could tell her they shit rainbows and sunshine, and she would believe them.

Quoting trabruno59:

I definitely wouldn't sit for her anymore I think your pay should be thought of as a bill. Shes paying your for services which is child care there for its a bill. She should pay you before shopping....sry your being treated like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:01 PM
It is a lesson learned. Unfortunately, SO just lost his job of 13 years, and now her bullshit. It sucks. Happy holidays! Ha..

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't blame you for being upset. Sounds like she doesn't have her priorities in order. This is a perfect example of why it's never a good idea to do business with people you know personally (or through family members). Take it as a lesson learned and don't babysit for her again.
trabruno59
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:01 PM
That's just ridiculous. I'd tell her since she seems to have no respect for you at all, that she has x amount of time to find a new sitter and x amount of time to pay you everything that is owed to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

She does think of it as a bill, and refuses to pay me with the money she has saved back. I've learned over the last few months that they are shady people, but they have SO's sister so brainwashed that they could tell her they shit rainbows and sunshine, and she would believe them.

Quoting trabruno59:

baquick
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Holy cow. She has some damn balls!
5babies757
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Same shit happened to me before. Never again
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I'm not even sure if she plans on bringing her on Monday. If she does, I will be giving her notice to find a new sitter.

Quoting trabruno59:

That's just ridiculous. I'd tell her since she seems to have no respect for you at all, that she has x amount of time to find a new sitter and x amount of time to pay you everything that is owed to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting trabruno59:

trabruno59
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Your doing the right thing. If you let it continue I see it getting worse.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not even sure if she plans on bringing her on Monday. If she does, I will be giving her notice to find a new sitter.

Quoting trabruno59:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting trabruno59:

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:06 PM
If Tuesday isn't your normal pay day I wouldn't complain about that so much but her lying and using you isn't cool, I'd quit too
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)