Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was the first "injury" your child got?

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 49 Replies

We all know that babies get hurt, one way or another. Maybe they fall off of the bed, tip over and hit their head on the floor, or tried walking and got hurt. OR maybe you accidentally caused that injury. Like I remember reading a post on here about a mother hit her child with the bottle on accident. Accidents happen!

Either way, all babies get hurt at some point in their young lives. 

What was your child's first injury?

My son got his fist injury last month. It just so happened to be a black eye and I felt so horrible! He was in his bouncy seat and he wasn't feeling well. I had a bunch of his stuff animals and I was tossing them at him. He was laughing away like crazy! Then I threw another animal at him, not realizing there was a music box in it! I felt so bad about it!

So what was your child's first injury?

I'm a breastfeeding, co-sleeping, attachment parenting, loud laughing, hug giving, million kisses, teen mother!

by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this
He rolled off the bed when I fell asleep nursing. I suck :(
AnnaBright
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:49 AM
23 months tripped and hit her front tooth on a stone fireplace. Bleed like crazy but no real damage. We rushed to ER and next day to pedi dentist.
luvmybug
by Amanda on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:49 AM
She was a newborn and I clipped her nail too short. Otherwise, just the normal bruises from playing and such. She's in Hockey now, so I am a bit more worried about injuries.
stacey541
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:49 AM
My son clocked his sister in the face while holding a car...he was 8 mos and she was 24 mos...she got a nasty black eye.
ashli488
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:50 AM

my dd was just learning to walk and we were at my little sisters t ball practice and dd tripped over her own feet and went head first into the metal bleachers. she cut up the inside of her lip and it was all bloody. i was freaking out

SamanthaStetka
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:50 AM

That happened to me like three weeks also!! I felt horrible about that too! Ever since then I have been trying to get him into his crib ( I co-sleep) but he isn't having any of that! lol

Quoting Anonymous:

He rolled off the bed when I fell asleep nursing. I suck :(

.PinkHart.
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Ds got his arm sliced open at 5.

Dd broke her wrist and fractured her collarbone and cheek bones at 15 months.
SamanthaStetka
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Oh man! I can't imagine what I am going to do if gets an injury where he starts bleeding everywhere lol

Quoting AnnaBright:

23 months tripped and hit her front tooth on a stone fireplace. Bleed like crazy but no real damage. We rushed to ER and next day to pedi dentist.

SamanthaStetka
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Ow! How did that happen?

Quoting .PinkHart.:

Ds got his arm sliced open at 5.

Dd broke her wrist and fractured her collarbone and cheek bones at 15 months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Ditto and similar ages but, one accidentally hit the other with dippy cup. Big boo boo :(

Quoting stacey541:

My son clocked his sister in the face while holding a car...he was 8 mos and she was 24 mos...she got a nasty black eye.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured