Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fat to thin to fat again...I want thin and to stay

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:02 AM
  • 11 Replies

I need a swift kick in the ass again. I was always over weight growing up...

here I am at 22

But I got healthy and here I am at 24

and here I am at 30 :(

I have been working out but with PCOS I hit a lot of platoes and I stay at them for weeks at a time but then I loose weight quickly and then platoes. In the platoes I will gain and loose the same 5 pounds over and over again for a month, then the next month I will loose 8 pounds, making the average out of about 1.5 pounds a week. But I am in the 5 pound phase right now and since I had my son, I always made excuses that it wasn't working and gave up...for 6 years I have done it now, I want to go back to the healthy me...so I am looking at healthy pictures of me...the only problem minus the one I posted here, my abuser is in all the others. GRRR

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mother to an amazing little boy Stephen, Disney Fanatic, Work From Home Travel Agent, Single Mother, Home Schooling, Super Tall 6'2" all legs inseam 37 inches, Homebirthing, I ♥ Doctor Who, Juice Nut, Rape Survior, Bible Reader

by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Have you tried simple healthy eating choices and portion control along with tons of water? It does wonders for me. You will always hit plateaus, but don't give up! You can do it!
snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Healthy eating I am good at portion control is where I have issues. I tend to eat my food and clean my son's plate too...I am trying.

Quoting luvmybug:

Have you tried simple healthy eating choices and portion control along with tons of water? It does wonders for me. You will always hit plateaus, but don't give up! You can do it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mother to an amazing little boy Stephen, Disney Fanatic, Work From Home Travel Agent, Single Mother, Home Schooling, Super Tall 6'2" all legs inseam 37 inches, Homebirthing, I ♥ Doctor Who, Juice Nut, Rape Survior, Bible Reader

luvmybug
by Amanda on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Quoting snowpeasmom:

Healthy eating I am good at portion control is where I have issues. I tend to eat my food and clean my son's plate too...I am trying.

Quoting luvmybug:Have you tried simple healthy eating choices and portion control along with tons of water? It does wonders for me. You will always hit plateaus, but don't give up! You can do it!

Then I suggest when your son is done eating to immediately scrape the leftovers in the trash. Pretty soon you'll start to do it without thinking. And try to drink a full glass of water before meals so you don't over eat. It also helps with digestion.
sunangel803
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
You can do it! I do know understand where you're coming from. I was super skinny all my life into my mid 20s, went on antidepressants and gained a bunch of weight (which was depressing, lol). For years, I'd gain and lose a few pounds, but stay relatively the same. I got pregnant and lost weight (even though I was eating normally), before gaining pregnancy weight. After my son was born, I lost a bunch of weight because I was having problems with my gall bladder. After surgery to get it removed, I lost even more weight because my body could only tolerate toast and soup for a couple months. After getting better and eating normally, I've gained it back, plus having to be on prednisone a couple times in the last year made me gain more. It's been a roller coaster.

Health conditions make it tougher to lose, for sure. Good luck to you!
Amybelle
by AmyAzing on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

sorry but..........Plateau, Lose.........OK, now ....You can do it!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Is that Gerard Butler!?

JackieGirl007
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:16 AM

I fluctuate a lot too mama. You're on the right track, slow and steady!

Could you PM me and tell me more about your job?

AnnaBright
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:17 AM
My biggest issue is DRINKING my calories. Push the water and black coffee if you need the caffeine boost.
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Right?? I was wondering too!

Quoting Anonymous:

Is that Gerard Butler!?

snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:16 AM

Yes it is. I worked as a personal assistant to talent agent (not his) and we were on the NBC lot and  I ran into Gerry and I was joking that I was taller than him and he pulled me down and a fan snapped the photo and gave it to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is that Gerard Butler!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured