Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Trousermouse's Holiday Giveaway *Entries closed*

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
  • 109914 Replies
135 moms liked this

I have decided to hold a holiday giveaway that is open to any child of an MC member.  It isn't about need, just about the spirit of giving.

Between now and the 20th,  I will randomly select children to receive a gift from me.  It will be done by using a random number generator to select replies.  I will also use a random number generator to assign a value to the gift between $10 and $50. (The value will be used as an approximate value depending on the items that I can find that fit what the child likes. The value is withouth shipping expense.) So, it will be kind of like a lottery.

To enter:

1) You must reply to this post giving one child's age, sex, and the types of toys or other items that he/she likes. Enter a new reply for each child. You do not have to state the child's name in the reply if you do not wish to. You can include the child's picture or other information if you choose, but this will not increase any odds of winning since selections will be random.

2) Your reply cannot be anon.

3) You must be a bronze member or higher in MC prior to being selected.

4) You must be willing to provide shipping information and be willing to confirm that you received the gift. Tracking info will be used.

5) After I feel there are enough replies, I will begin randomly selecting winners and posting what they won.  I will continue to randomly select winners through December 20th. I am not going to say how many will be selected because once I get started giving, I usually get carried away.  The first time I decided to help one family on here, I ended up helping 10. So, I have decided to not put a number on it.

5) This contest is open to members outside of the US. I do not mind paying for shipping. Just know that in certain circumstances that the gift may be received after the holidays are over depending on shipping times or how complicated shipping is since many sites do not ship directly to certain areas.

6) You can enter each child multiple times to increase your odds of winning. Once a child has won, they are not eligible for another prize. You are able to win multiple prizes per family.

Winners!!

#1 Keisha613 won a Doc McStuffins doctor dress up set for her 3 year old daughter.  Given away in reply #701. Approx. value $18. (Item Shipped. Delivery confirmed on 12/4/13)

#2 Huntersmama711 won a Melissa and Doug Flatbed Tow Truck for her 2 year old son.  Given away in reply #1600. Approx. value $13. (Delievery confirmed on 12/02/13)

#3 Arib107 won an Alex Jr. My Busy Town Wooden Developmental Toy for her 18 month old daughter. Given away in reply #4765. Approx. value $46.  (Could not ship directly to winner. Item will come to me est. Dec. 5th and then I will ship to winner.)

#4 NVL0707 won a Barbie Design and Dress Studio Doll for her 5 year old daughter. Given away in reply 9484. Approx. value $23. (Delivery confirmed on 12/06/13)

#5 strictmomhere won a Cra-Z-Art Shimmer 'n Sparkle Crazy Loom Bracelet Maker along with 2 books on loom jewelry designs and projects for her 12 year old daughter.  Also, a 12 pack of loom bracelet charms. Given away in reply 10165 . Approx. value $45. (Items ordered. Estimated delivery varies.)

#6 Neverbethesame won a Unipak 12" Castle with Five Horses for her 3 year old daughter. Given away in reply 12197. Approx. value $22. (Delivery confirmed on 12/5/13)

#7 MIA0223 won a V-Tech Sit to Stand Alphabet Train for her 11 month old son. Given away in reply 32218. Approx. value $37. (Delivery confirmed)

#8 Auntyag won a Power Trains RC Log Loader Express for her 5 year old son.  Given away in reply #55694. Approx. value $50. (Delivery confirmed.)

#9 Kyledavidsmom won a Monster High 3D Nail Design set for her 11 year old daughter.  Given away in reply 70525 . Approx. value $18. (Item ordered)

#10 Tifferie won a Pink 5 Piece Fairy Princess Costume for her 3 year old daughter. Given away in reply 70569. Approx. value $15. (Item ordered)

#11 pinkprincess008 won the first four books in The Secret Books series for her 9 year old son.  Given away in reply 107649. Approx. value $28. (Please send shipping info.)

#12 beaularson91 won a Mickey Mouse Fire Truck for her 2 year old son.  Given away in reply 109916. Approx. value $21. (Please send shipping info.)

by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Torihoney5njn
by Kristy on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Cool idea. Here's a bump for you!
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Such a great notion, thanks Trouser!

Good luck to everyone who wishes to get gifts for their kids!

imvanilla
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Age 3. male. Anything super hero.

Happy holidays!
jujubear1
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
9 girl monster high or anything crafty. :)
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I love this bless you
AnnaBright
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM
That's sweet of you :)
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Wyatt, age 4. He likes dinosaurs, Transformers(Bumblebee in particular), Spiderman, and Superman.
Chrissywissy
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Very nice of you

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM
7 moms liked this

I won't participate because there's always someone who will need it more than me, but I wanted to bump this for you because this is an awesome thing you're doing!

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM
2 moms liked this
You're so nice! Such a great idea. Here's a bump:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)