Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to eat healthier but I don't know how to get rid of all the junk we eat how did you do it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this
What made you start eating healthier? How did you make the transition was it gradual or did you switch to healthier foods cold turkey and just make an over night change?

Did you lose any weight or notice any other physical changes after doing so?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I did it all at once. It sucked for a while, but that was over ten years ago. I feel great, I am 42. Lots of energy, better moods, less anger. 

Now, my family has not joined me yet, lol.

i did lose weight. I am 5 5 about 100 to 115

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM

It was gradual... I couldn't go full cold turkey. My son is one and I have lost 83 pounds since having him... I gained 43 from pregnancy with him. 

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I just stopped buying crap foods...and yes, I feel much better than I used to...I'm also at a healthy weight...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I have trouble because dh always wants chicken strips and macaroni or he will want fast food or to make cheeseburgers and fries at home that's the only kinda things he likes that and pizza I don't know how to get him on board

Quoting LucyMom08:

I just stopped buying crap foods...and yes

, I feel much better than I used to...I'm also at a healthy weight...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:40 PM
What type of foods do you eat and how do you prepare them ?

Quoting suzanneyea:

I did it all at once. It sucked for a while, but that was over ten years ago. I feel great, I am 42. Lots of energy, better moods, less anger. 

Now, my family has not joined me yet, lol.

i did lose weight. I am 5 5 about 100 to 115

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM
We started juicing. Then we started advocare. It was an instant change. We lost a lot of weight. I'm down 17 pounds. And my SO is down 25 pounds.

I feel great and look great. We started in mid August.
Christywf
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Do it gradually.  That's what I did and lost the last 25 lbs and have kept it off since (11 years now).  I started with eating my usual crappy breakfast and lunches, then ate a healthy dinner.  Did this a month or so, then added a healthy lunch in addition.  Few more months of that, then finally transitioned to all healthy (of course I splurge here and there at a restaurant or holidays).  Later I added walks, then running, then weights.  This all took about a year for the complete change.  Don't overwhelm yourself.  Good luck!

KJ786
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM
After struggling with infertility for years, it really took a toll on me, and I gained an excessive amount of weight. This past year, I got up to 260 (I'm 5'5") before I decided it was time to do something about it. It took me a few tries to completely stay on track, but something finally just clicked in my brain, and I have been eating healthy and watching my weight since July 23rd. As of today, I have lost a total of 57 pounds since then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
You can make those foods healthier, and it's ok to have some butter once in a while ;)

Make your own baked chicken nuggets with breast meat...use ground turkey or chicken for your burgers, then top with lots of fresh veggies...bake your own sweet potato fries...pizza is easy to pack full of nutrients-bake your own wheat dough, and top with all kinds of veggies and light cheese...add spinach and cauliflower to your mac & cheese...

Quoting Anonymous:

I have trouble because dh always wants chicken strips and macaroni or he will want fast food or to make cheeseburgers and fries at home that's the only kinda things he likes that and pizza I don't know how to get him on board

Quoting LucyMom08:

I just stopped buying crap foods...and yes

, I feel much better than I used to...I'm also at a healthy weight...

Pixers
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:47 PM

If it is that hard, do it one shopping trip at a time.  Start tracking what you buy where you buy it, compare the reciepts.  Then ONLY shop from a list, do not deviate, just shop from THAT list.  

It isn't overnight, but it is a slow process.  

I admittedly have zero self control when it comes to yummy foods.  That is why the apple pie I made was made with sweet gala apples and tart green apples, only 2 tablespoons of sugar. Oh it was heavenly, and it allowed me to indulge and not totally blow my diet.  The crust was homemade too, so I knew exactly what was in it.  No butter, coconut oil instead. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured