Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spanking Increases Risk Of Criminal Behavior?!

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 235 Replies
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM
22 moms liked this
Really? 'Cuz I got spanked all the time gtowi g up and I sure didn't turn out to be a criminal. I have, however, met many a criminal who had no discipline growing up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Spanking 9-10 year olds, as in the study, seems a little old to me. I thought only little kids are usually spanked.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM
12 moms liked this

Spanking increases the likelyhood of violence, and mental illness. It doesn't mean everyone who will spanked is violent it means that they are more likely. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM
15 moms liked this
Huh. Well in that case I'm doomed, because DH spanks me all the time. Wait...we're not talking about that kind of spanking? Oh...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Why are you hanging around meeting many criminals and how do you know they weren't disciplined?

*hint - criminals lie ;)

Quoting Diamepphyre:

Really? 'Cuz I got spanked all the time gtowi g up and I sure didn't turn out to be a criminal. I have, however, met many a criminal who had no discipline growing up.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:40 PM
12 moms liked this

That is so true. I was spanked as a child and I often have to fight back the urge to blow up gas stations and rob convenience stores. 

sparkle.ana
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Yup, this.

Quoting Retrokitty:

Spanking increases the likelyhood of violence, and mental illness. It doesn't mean everyone who will spanked is violent it means that they are more likely. 

Sweetie1216
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM
15 moms liked this

Rhodin
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM

But is the increase from actually being spanked, or is it genetic?  Parents who spank are probably more aggressive by nature.

Quoting Retrokitty:

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Part of me wonders if it's more of an economic background result than a result of spanking.

IME poor people are more likely to spank. Poor people are also more likely to make bad choices and become criminals. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)