Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

C section moms I have a question

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:22 AM
  • 26 Replies

I just had a baby 8 days ago. The area above my incision is still swollen. Is this normal? My incision is not oozing or anything. I am still in pain it is slowly getting better. I forgot about how long swelling lasts after a C section.

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Mine lasted a month.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:24 AM
They do a lot of stretching, pulling, and pushing on that area, so some swelling is normal. If your bleeding increases, you have a fever, or it becomes red and inflamed call your doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:25 AM
I was swollen for about 2 weeks and still in mild pain up to a month. It has been 10 months since mine and my scar still hurts from time to time. Especially when my toddler insists on sitting/laying on my belly.
Allinorder
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Nothing is red.
Quoting ame85:

They do a lot of stretching, pulling, and pushing on that area, so some swelling is normal. If your bleeding increases, you have a fever, or it becomes red and inflamed call your doctor.

the_dude
by abides on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:26 AM

more than a week. more like a month. 

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:29 AM
I never really noticed any swelling after mine. Only pain I had is wheb I over did it. Just watch it carefully. I know my sil had a lot of problems with her incision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanetteYoung
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:50 AM

It's normal, hun. As long as nothing is oozing or feverish, it should be fine, but call your Dr. if you have worries :)

ladymaleficent
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:52 AM
A few weeks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

yes, sounds normal.

SHORTSHORT
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:55 AM
A good few weeks with my first but that's because my doc have me a wrap to put around my stomach to help with the swelling. But my last it went on for a month cause I didn't have the wrap. I recommend u get a wrap it helps when swelling an shaping your stomach back down
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN