Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

employees with kids and special needs are not special

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:59 AM
  • 161 Replies
2 moms liked this

Employees with kids should have no special prefrences.I dont care what your special circumstance is your not special.Everyone has a special circumstance or sob story.If you cant work like everyone  else due to your kid you need a more adapable job.Some cant work because of their kids.If you cant do the same job as childess employees then you need to quit.Its not fair to the other employees.The same goes for getting off time.I dont care what your story of why you need off.If you didnt put in your time far enough ahead you shouldnt get prefrence over someone who did.

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparkle.ana
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:00 AM
5 moms liked this
I completely agree. You can't do the required task, you get fired. Having kids doesn't mean you are anything special, neither does having kids with special needs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:01 AM

that's cold.

TammyKEJ
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:01 AM

is this from that other post about the girl that got fired cause she never called in because of her sn kid?

jack90
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:02 AM

shut up shouting

DyerMaker
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:04 AM
8 moms liked this

THIS right here is why I cannot find a job working full time somewhere. Yes, kids are extra stress. Yes, a child with special needs can multiply that stress exponentially. Prior to having my son, I was in management at a regional level making well over our regional average income for a household. 

Now, we have adjusted our (DH and I) lives so that our child comes first.  Yes, it stinks. I haven't purchased a new pair of jeans, bought new tennis shoes, a new dress or anything in over 4 years. Yes, we are making just barely enough to disqualify us for any financial or government aide, but we have been there in the past. We do everything to remain as independent as possible. It has never been in our nature to lay down and just give up. 

LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:08 AM
I agree. I remember before kids how others with kids would call in all the time. Super annoying!
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:09 AM
6 moms liked this

I agree.  If you can't follow the policies of a work-place.....don't work there.  Doesn't matter if you have a special needs child, if YOU are special needs, etc -- if you can't follow what everyone else in the work-place is expected to -- find a different place to work.

rebeccarae
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I agree, the truth is a hard pill for some to swallow.
skittleshawk
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:10 AM

You shouldnt get the job then.There is a reason some disabled people live off disability.They cannot perform the normal tasks a job would require and dont get hired.If you cant get hired theres a reason.There is no reason why you should get the job if you do it like the rest of the employees.

Quoting DyerMaker:

THIS right here is why I cannot find a job working full time somewhere. Yes, kids are extra stress. Yes, a child with special needs can multiply that stress exponentially. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:11 AM
10 moms liked this

I totally agree.  At the same time I also feel that women who stay home with their special needs children or say that can't work because they have a special needs child shouldn't be berated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)