Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Ok, so say you have always wanted a "big" family? Lets say 3-5 kids. Recently you have been having really messed up periods. Bleeding more than not bleeding. You had a pap smear done then the ob office calls you telling you the doctor wants to talk to you. You go in and you hear bad news and the dr tells you he wants to do a full hystorectomy (sp?). You tell him you want to try for one more kid first though? He says you can try but there may be complications with you or the baby. What would you do? Would you take a chance or not take a chance?

Also, just going to add I haven't gone to my ob yet, I go thw 10th. I was told a while ago I was borderline for cervical cancer and also since sept 4th I have not bled for a total of 22 days. So just everything and anything has been running through my head. So had this talk with dh earlier asking what he would do if my dr said he had to do something.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:46 AM
How many kids so you currently have
Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this
You have to make up ypur own mind.

Personally, I would not put off the hysterectomy because it may spread and you could die and not be there for the family you already have. You can always adopt or use a surrogate.
sparkle.ana
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:47 AM
I would not take the chance, I'd adopt. There are thousands of kids in foster care that need homes, and it's free or very cheap, depending on your state, to adopt them. There is of course traditional infant adoption, and embryo adoption, and surrogacy.
CheerMomOf5
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:49 AM

I wouldn't take that chance. I'd have the hysterectomy and adopt.

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Have the hysterectomy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:51 AM
2 knew I was missing something.. I've always wanted 6 but then said 2 was goid and here recently I have had the bad case of baby fever. The dr thing is a what if thing. My husband and I were talking aboutit because he does not want anymoreat least right now. I do so I asked him what if I go to my doctor appoiappointment and am told this. Would he then try or not that's when he said all depends. But yes since sept 4th I've only NOT bled for a total of 22 days. Then my ob did call me for an app because of my pap test. So I'm just worrying and was running all what ifs in my head.

Sorry on cell and sometimes my space does not work

Quoting TSNDDY:

How many kids so you currently have

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:54 AM
My dh and I have talked about adoption in the past that is something either way I would love to do. As I told another pp this is a what If case. The part about having to go to ob because of pap any cycle is true. Was just thinking of what ifs and dh and I had this conversation earlier.

Quoting sparkle.ana:

I would not take the chance, I'd adopt. There are thousands of kids in foster care that need homes, and it's free or very cheap, depending on your state, to adopt them. There is of course traditional infant adoption, and embryo adoption, and surrogacy.

The.Last.Rebel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:56 AM

What exactly is the something bad or did I miss it?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Mashnut3161
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:58 AM

how old are you. I had a full hyst at 27. hold off if you can.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:59 AM
My mom was supposed to have a totally hysterectomy a few years after I was born. My parents had showed up at the hospital on the day off her surgery and my mom just couldn't go through with it. A little over a year later they had my little sister. The sixth child. Our family was then complete.

Mom did end up getting the hysterectomy a few years after my sister was born.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN