Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think DD has a drinking problem :-(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DD turned 18 and has used her new freedoms to drink ALL the time. Every single time I see her she is drunk or has been drinking the night before. She has gotten in trouble at work because she came drunk one day. She is doing horrible in her classes and is going to have to retake most of them.

Luckily she doesnt have a car so I dont have to worry about it. I am just so sad. I mean sure most people like alcohol but this is the extreme.

I dont think it will be long before she wants to move back in but it isnt going to happen if she is drinking this way again but that scares me because she will have no where else to go.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Replies (11-18):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Its heart breaking to see our children drink like that.  I hope your daughter sees how it can destroy her life.  GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH

jenny3344
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Does she drink at home or bars? How does she get to work? She may not have a car but someone does and if she said everyone drinks like she does then someone is drunk driving. I'd be worried about that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Both at home and at bars. She either walks or takes the bus sometimes I will drive her to school. I dont know if her friends drink and drive I would like to think not but who knows.

Quoting jenny3344:

Does she drink at home or bars? How does she get to work? She may not have a car but someone does and if she said everyone drinks like she does then someone is drunk driving. I'd be worried about that.

holyhoola
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM
That's really sad. You need to step in and have a long talk about goals and how to attain them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM

We have talked about those kinds of things several times. She sees nothing wrong with what she is doing

Quoting holyhoola:

That's really sad. You need to step in and have a long talk about goals and how to attain them.

StytchWytch
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM

One of the hardest things about being a parent is watching your children make mistakes and not being able to prevent it. At some point we have to let them go and hope they remember the lessons we tried to teach them while they were growing up. All you can do is be there if she really needs you. Time to let her learn from her own mistakes. Hugs!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Who's paying for school?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM

She is for the most part.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who's paying for school?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN