Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHMs... gifts for hubby?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 227 Replies

So ladies. I'm a SAHM. I obviously don't have much disposable income. We can come up with about $200 for DD for xmas. She's getting a brand new play kitchen with all the accessories, and she needs a toy organizer for the living room (her toys are all in one big basket in the living room). with those "paid for" we have about $60 left for whatever. I wanted to get her some books, and a few other small toys since we stay home all the time the cold seasons can get pretty boring without fun toys.

My problem is the same as with any other holiday. I have to get DH a present with the money i have for other stuff. This time it would be with the leftover money for our daughter's xmas. For our anniversary it came from money i was supposed to spend on a wedding present for a friend of mine.

Since i always have to stretch my dollar to get DH a present it's never much money, so i cant get anything he actually wants (tools and motorcycle parts) and sometimes i feel like he'd be happier if i spent the money the way he intended on me spending it.

my question is.... how do you SAHM's deal with presant giving to DH. Dont you ever feel like it's not really a gift since you're buying it with HIS earned income anyway? What do i do about his xmas presant this year?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM
5 moms liked this

I bought him a round of golf from groupon. But, he would be thrilled with a blow job and that is free, assuming I do it myself, lol.

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM
6 moms liked this

Why do you have to get him a gift with money left over from other stuff?   Why can't you just use money from your joint account?

lucydiamond
by LD on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. That's funny. I never thought of that before. If I was a SAHM I don't know that I would get my DH anything, especially if money was that tight.
Heisenberg
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM
15 moms liked this

This is not a SAHM problem. It's a money problem and allocation of funds. I'm a sahm and I have no issue buying DH a gift if I wanted to. It's not his earned income, it's our money. 

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
3 moms liked this
I used my check card, trust me when I was a Sahm I pulled my own weight
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I work a little throughout the year to earn a little extra cash.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

hahaha. We dont have enough money for a joint account. He gives me whats left over after bills. He really dosnt spend a dime on himself.

Quoting lwalker270:

Why do you have to get him a gift with money left over from other stuff?   Why can't you just use money from your joint account?

Heisenberg
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM
5 moms liked this

LOL, right? You mean you didn't sit on a pillow, sew a fine seam, and feed on honey strawberries and cream? 

Quoting notjstasocermom:

I used my check card, trust me when I was a Sahm I pulled my own weight

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I've always made my own money, problem solved.
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM

You don't have enough money for a checking account?! How much do you think you have to have?

Quoting Anonymous:

hahaha. We dont have enough money for a joint account. He gives me whats left over after bills. He really dosnt spend a dime on himself.

Quoting lwalker270:

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)