Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am not Christmas shopping for my boys this year.

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM
  • 17 Replies

Ok, well maybe a little.  I am just tired of giving them the same old plastic toys and junk that they don't care that much about and receive from all of out other family members anyway.  There is nothing that they have expressed that they really want, so I am trying to think outside the box this year for gifts. 

So far I am making them both a coupon book.  It will have things like spend a day with dad/mom, kids choice for dinner, stay up an extra 1/2 hour...you get the point.  I am also making some huge floor pillows and making a Lego activity table.  We are also going on a Disney cruise in the Fall, so I am getting them gift cards to take with them. 

I need more ideas!  What else can I do that isn't so commercial? 

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparkles9009
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I love the coupon book idea for SD :) thanks for posting!
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

How old are they ?

Sweetest_Britt
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I love those ideas! Especially the cruise!
WillowRayne
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Ages
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Kody is 9 and Jackson is 4, will be 5 in February.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

How old are they ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I like the coupon idea but I cringe at the idea if a child having to use a coupon to spend time with mom and dad.
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Do they take any lessons?  My daughter takes group gymnastics every week and I am giving her a couple of private 1/2 hour lessons to work on skills that she really wants to improve.  My 15 year old is getting mainly gift cards for scuba stuff but we also give him some gift cards for local fast food places and the movie theater.  Movie tickets are one of my 8 year old's favorite gifts.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Please take the "spend time with mom or dad" coupon out.

What a terrible message to send your children. Really that should be a given. 

Rajeshsmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Tickets to a movie, or the zoo, or gift certificate to a place they like to eat? 

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

It's for a day out by themselves, without the other sibling.  They get to plan the day.  Of course they don't have to use a coupon to spend time with us, but I will admit that we usually don't do one on one time, things are usually done as a family.  This makes it a little more special. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I like the coupon idea but I cringe at the idea if a child having to use a coupon to spend time with mom and dad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)