Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"You will die the way you lived"

Posted by   + Show Post

Paul Walker (the actor from the 'Fast and the Furious'
movies) passed away earlier today and this was the state
of the car that he died in.
There are some lessons we can learn from his death. One
of the main lessons is that you will die the way you lived
your life. So if you live your life in the fast lane, you will
also die in the fast lane. If you live your life by the gun
you will also die by the gun. If you live a righteous life,
Allah Azzawajal will in His infinite Mercy give you a
righteous death.
Many people think these celebrities are untouchable but
the reality is different. I bet he was looking forward to the
release of his new 'Fast and the Furious' film next year,
without thinking he may be dead by then. Most of us do
the same thing, we think about the future and ignore the
fact that we may pass away before our plans become a
reality.
Only Allah Azzawajal knows how long we have left in this
world. Many of us may not be alive next week and that is
the honest truth. So make the most of every minute you
have in this world and do as much as you can for your
Akhirah because as you can see from the picture, all it
takes is a wrong move of the steering wheel and you are
gone.
Paul Walker (the actor from the 'Fast and the Furious' movies) passed away earlier today and this was the state of the car that he died in. There are some lessons we can learn from his death. One of the main lessons is that you will die the way you lived your life. So if you live your life in the fast lane, you will also die in the fast lane. If you live your life by the gun you will also die by the gun. If you live a righteous life, Allah (God) will in His infinite Mercy give you a righteous death. Many people think these celebrities are untouchable but the reality is different. I bet he was looking forward to the release of his new 'Fast and the Furious' film next year, without thinking he may be dead by then. Most of us do the same thing, we think about the future and ignore the fact that we may pass away before our plans become a reality. Only Allah (God) knows how long we have left in this world. Many of us may not be alive next week and that is the honest truth. So make the most of every minute you have in this world and do as much as you can for your Akhirah (afterlife) because as you can see from the picture, all it takes is a wrong move of the steering wheel and you are gone.

A true lesson in the saddness. Money and fame can NOT protect you.
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
kristen0812
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM
You've never driven over the speed limit? If you say no, I call bullshit. Every article I've read stated that "it's speculated that speed was a contributing factor". What was the speed limit of the highway they were driving on? I've driven on a highway where it was 70 mph, if I was driving 75-80 mph, I'm way over the speed limit but in a teeny tiny car like that, I wouldn't stand a chance in an accident.

Quoting PhantomRose88:

Pretty sure he had plenty of time to tell the driver to slow down. 

Quoting kristen0812:

He was in the passenger seat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM
So all the little children who died awful deaths from congenital diseases just didn't love Allah good enough.... Ok. makes perfect sense. Eye roll.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM

How is it insensitive? Death is a fact of life.

Doesn't matter who was driving. He was responsible for making sure the other person was driving responsibly.  It was his car and he had plenty of time to make the other person slow down or stop.  

Quoting ShesALady:

Why assume he thought money and fame would protect him? This post is insensitive. They haven't even confirmed who was driving the car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Hope someone puts this on the blog...you are stupid and insensitive as hell. I guess you will die up on your soapbox telling everyone how perfect you are. POS!

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I think it's sad to try to "justify" a young man dying. I don't know the guy, I don't know if he lived in the fast lane or not. Being an actor doesn't automatically mean you live "in the fast lane", you know.
mom2_2542
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM
So my aunt that passed from ALS wasn't righteous enough? She lived her life quietly as a wife and mom. So she deserved to die a slow painful death. Hmmmmm.
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Quoting PhantomRose88:

How is it insensitive? Death is a fact of life.

Doesn't matter who was driving. He was responsible for making sure the other person was driving responsibly.  It was his car and he had plenty of time to make the other person slow down or stop.  

Quoting ShesALady:Why assume he thought money and fame would protect him? This post is insensitive. They haven't even confirmed who was driving the car.

Were you in the car?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
This is an asshole post.
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Silly.
SageAdvice
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

He did say, "If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling" - Paul Walker 

But ones life has no baring on their death, in most instances and to say so is wrong.....

Do babies who get killed within weeks of being born, in horrific wrecks bring their own death ON themselves by how they lived??. . .  Um, NO.... therefore your reasoning and beliefs are flawed.

Peace be with and upon you PhantomRose..

ᔕᗩᘐᙓ ᗩᕍᐯᓮᙅᙓ

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)