Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i once got someone fired

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I was a manager for a retail store that bought and sold gently used clothes. A customer was selling us her clothes and as I was checking her clothes over, we were talking. She said she worked at this store called The Buckle. I said, ' I like that store but I hate that you can't just go in there and look around without an employee following you. I just want to look at what you have, you know?' She told me that she hates people like me, what is the point of doing that, it waste their time because they get paid commission and people like me are a waste of their time. That shed rather people like me stay the hell out of her store.
Later, I started thinking, wow....if one of my employees ever said that to someone, after telling them where they work, I'd be pissed. That she was painting The Buckle and their employees in a bad light.
So I called the store, there was only one in my area, asked for the manager and told her what happen. I said, I'm coming to you as one manager to another. You just might want to talk to your employees about how they represent your store and if they want to bad mouth customers then they shouldn't say where they work.
The manager was mad and embarrassed for her employees behavior and thanked me for telling her. She got fired and I know because she came into my work, bitching and yelling at me over it. I laughed in her face.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
You have state of the art security cameras that record audio in a friggin second hand store? I'm calling bullshit!

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually the conversation was recorded by our security camera. The other manager didn't ask to see it but it was there if she had wanted too

Quoting cutebaby06:

No, There is no proof of what they said, I'm not going to take the word of some random person calling me out of the blue.

Quoting Anonymous:

So would you have complained to her manager for saying those things? For saying how much she hates people like yourself, who look through the store without always buying?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I know what its called.....what was your point of pointing that out? I must have missed that

Quoting LaMerica:

I doubt it. There are laws that protect free speech. Employees cannot be fired for what they do and say off the clock, especially since it can't be proven. Oh, and BTW, the type of store that you say that you work in is called a consignment store. My family owned one at one time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM
It was a big chain store and the owner was very rich from his other businesses.

Quoting 2metalbabies:

You have state of the art security cameras that record audio in a friggin second hand store? I'm calling bullshit!

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually the conversation was recorded by our security camera. The other manager didn't ask to see it but it was there if she had wanted too

Quoting cutebaby06:

No, There is no proof of what they said, I'm not going to take the word of some random person calling me out of the blue.

Quoting Anonymous:

So would you have complained to her manager for saying those things? For saying how much she hates people like yourself, who look through the store without always buying?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Quoting 2metalbabies:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cutebaby06:

Quoting Anonymous:

LaMerica
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Yep, you were far too busy trolling.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know what its called.....what was your point of pointing that out? I must have missed that

Quoting LaMerica:

I doubt it. There are laws that protect free speech. Employees cannot be fired for what they do and say off the clock, especially since it can't be proven. Oh, and BTW, the type of store that you say that you work in is called a consignment store. My family owned one at one time.

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
You worked at platos closet, your boss had a shit ton of money, and felt the need to not only install video cameras, but audio as well. He must not have trusted his employees very much.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2metalbabies:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cutebaby06:

Quoting Anonymous:

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Also, you don't have to tell people that there are security cameras in a business, but if there is audio then They need to be warned about being recorded for security purposes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2metalbabies:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cutebaby06:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM
They were warned. We had signs up all over the store. He had the cameras with audio because he had some shady employees at one time, that's what I was told.

Quoting 2metalbabies:

Also, you don't have to tell people that there are security cameras in a business, but if there is audio then They need to be warned about being recorded for security purposes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2metalbabies:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cutebaby06:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Not true if you sign paper work stating you will not slander in that case you will be terminated my friend still has her work hat on but chaned in to street clothes when I picked her up from mcdonalds her work and she was fired because someone heard her complaining about work and she was still in "uniform"

Quoting LaMerica:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM
How is it trolling when this actually happen to me? Lol

Quoting LaMerica:

Yep, you were far too busy trolling.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LaMerica:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)