Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't help but feel better about sil "family pictures".

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
So sil, her bf, and two kids came and joined us for Thanksgiving dinner. So it was sil and her family, my other sil and her family, me, dh, our 3 kids, mil, fil, and bil. So all afternoon sil was saying she wanted to do family pictures........I take most of their pictures for them, before it was "them" I took pictures of her and her dd, now its sil, her bf, her dd, and their ds....I did their maternity pictures, I have taken pictures of my neice, and now I have taken pictures of their new baby boy, I have not gotten any negative remarks about my pictures from them or their friends or family, a majority of people enjoy my work....so yes I was a little upset that they didn't ask me to take pictures for them. I was in my room when sil called her dd to take pictures, they sat where they wanted to and everyone took out their cellphones, these cellphones actually take really good pictures, however they aren't good enough to enlarge and hang on your walls....so after a few days I learn that they didn't take a single good picture, not ONE! So yeah I am horrible for being happy about their photo fails........maybe next tie they will come to me again.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this
You would fit in perfectly with my husband's family. They get their feelings hurt over the smallest things.
Howardx5
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

why are so many people hung up on their self and feel so entitled? good greif! 

paulswifey11
by TashaL on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM
drama queen. get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

We only do cell pictures in my family, for yes the cameras on the phones work very well. They look great. I enlarge them to 8X10s. ;)

You may think the pics don't look good, but they may think they are wonderful. ::shrugs::

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Wow, someone needs to grow up

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Yes, you are horrible for being happy about that. What a petty thing to care about. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM
It is a small thing yes, I agree there.........and before their son was born they were talking with me about how they wanted me to take Christmas pictures for them, then I learn they would rather a stranger who will charge them an arm and a leg to take their family pictures, I would do it for free and capture the "real" them, and give them the same quality picture as a professional. So as small as it does seem, it is pretty big considering this is my passion I want to turn into my career.

Quoting Anonymous:

You would fit in perfectly with my husband's family. They get their feelings hurt over the smallest things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm thinking you either don't do as good a job as you think or your shitty attitude has become too much for them to bear if they've decided not to let you do their photographs anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Sil told me personally that not one of the pictures came out good.

Quoting Anonymous:

We only do cell pictures in my family, for yes the cameras on the phones work very well. They look great. I enlarge them to 8X10s. ;)

You may think the pics don't look good, but they may think they are wonderful. ::shrugs::

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe they don't think you are as good a photographer as YOU think you are.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is a small thing yes, I agree there.........and before their son was born they were talking with me about how they wanted me to take Christmas pictures for them, then I learn they would rather a stranger who will charge them an arm and a leg to take their family pictures, I would do it for free and capture the "real" them, and give them the same quality picture as a professional. So as small as it does seem, it is pretty big considering this is my passion I want to turn into my career.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN