Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am going to put a sign on my lawn!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM
  • 71 Replies

We live in a very, very uppity neighborhood and community.  We live on the Chesapeake Bay.  There is a 7 mile drive down a long road past civilization to get to our neighborhood.  There are only 40 houses and the majority of our neighbors are 50-80 years old.  The houses are large beach type houses.  (I'm painting a picture for you)

Our neighbors are all very involved with each other.  Cookouts, block parties.  Boat parades, ect.  Everyone says hello and sometimes you have to run from your car to your house if your in a hurry and don't want to get into a conversation.

DD, 24 is pregnant.  She was not living with us, she is married.  But her husband had signed up for a tour for Doctors without Borders before she got pregnant and now he is committed to 2 full years.  He can come home every few months.  We didn't want DD living alone so she moved in with us.  

Good Lord!  They all keep talking, I hear whispers and people ask the nosiest questions.  They keep acting like we are white trash who's unmarried daughter is having a baby.  Its driving me freakin NUTS!  

Even on here, when I mention that my DD is having a baby, and living with us, I get questioned.  

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
So sorry. I would Try not to worry so much what others think of you. I have a blended family. When nosy people who don't know us ask why my kids don't look alike I tell them its because they have different fathers. Then I smile and walk away with no further explanations.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM

If they knew the whole story then they'd keep their traps shut... until then they'll just keep doing what is in their nature... gossip and speculate.

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Haha! 

I've thought about saying she was artificially inseminated!  LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

So sorry. I would Try not to worry so much what others think of you. I have a blended family. When nosy people who don't know us ask why my kids don't look alike I tell them its because they have different fathers. Then I smile and walk away with no further explanations.

CPatt0708
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM
They sound fun :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Let your creative juices flow. Angelina and Brad needed a surrogate.

Quoting jjames1990:

Haha! 

I've thought about saying she was artificially inseminated!  LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM

A few of the neighbors who we are "closest" to know the whole story.  But one of them actually said how they have never seen a husband so we are probably lying.  He is a physician who was going through residency.  He has been here, but not very often.  I feel like they are just so bored, they have nothing else to do but talk about us.  

Quoting Anonymous:

If they knew the whole story then they'd keep their traps shut... until then they'll just keep doing what is in their nature... gossip and speculate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I would throw a majory baby shower and invite the whole neighborhood. If you can do it at a time when your SIL is in town even better. You don't have to prove anything to anybody but it's a good way to ease the minds of your neighbors without explaining yourself over and over.
luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I'm sorry. People can be so terrible with gossip and such. I used to live in a small community and had a similar problem. It's like they have nothing better to do. That is why I jumped at the opportunity to move out town.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Sounds like the neighborhood I live in here in Maryland.  I live near the bay though in Annapolis.   

Just think about it this way.   Put a smile on your face because then they will really wonder what you are up to.   I would not worry about what they do or say though because when it comes right down to the neighbors knowing  it is none of their business. 

MelanieJK
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Something doesn't add up.   Generally people in this socio economic group are very discreet and private in their judgements.    You make it sound like they're all gathered around your trailer snickering at you.... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)