Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

we arent even TTC yet and I want to start buying baby supplies..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
But DH says no. This will be baby #4. I want to buy basic supplies, diapers, onesies, pajamas, etc.. to stock up. One thing a pay check to not have to worry about buying everything at once. We have nothing from our other kids because we had planned on our youngest being our last, so we got rid of everything as he outgrew it... but I had changed DHs mind on it. The only thing we really have is the crib, because its being used as the toddler bed for DS right now.

Dh says if I buy the stuff now it will be a waste of money. I dont see how. We are planning on TTC in March or so (I just started taking prenatals and folic acid and want to be on them for at least 3 months before trying, and we usually get pregnant pretty easily), and I figured it would be easier to just slowly pick up things one at a time and leave the last gender specific clothing stuff to be bought all as one big purchase right before baby comes.

Now.. my reasoning for wanting to do this... because I suggest doing this with *every* kid. (DD2, because I had nothing left from DD1 since she was not DHs and I wasnt expecting to have anymore.. DS because, well, we weren't using girl stuff with a boy). And we always end up not because DH doesn't want to. Then I end up stressing out because he wants to wait til close to when the baby is born to get anything and it's always a huge bill all at once instead of a couple little bills. We have 2 kids tuition to pay now as well, I see no reason to wait.

I think I may just end up doing it and keeping everything somewhere he won't find it.. he just drives me nuts with not listening sometimes. It doesn't help that my ugly redheaded stepchild is due any day now and I am hormonal as fuck over it.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlleyCat08
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Good luck. How old are his older children? I agree with little purchases, but you aren't preg yet. I can see your dh reasoning as to the waste of money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Our kids are all elementary school age. He has no other kids besides mine.

Im not saying I want to go out and buy a carseat today.. but a $7 pack of onesies? I drink more money than that in coffee a week lol

Quoting AlleyCat08:

Good luck. How old are his older children? I agree with little purchases, but you aren't preg yet. I can see your dh reasoning as to the waste of money.
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I do it. If I find something I think won't be around when we have a baby I grab it.

turtlesquish23
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM
We've been buying stuff for years. go for it
TheyAreMyLoves
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I wouldn't. Honestly.
It took 6 years to conceive our 4th (I'm 39 weeks) and the stuff I bought early in TTC broke my heart after so long. Just sitting there.
I would save the buying for when you're pregnant.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I wouldn't buy supplies if I wasn't pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlleyCat08
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Okay, I must have misread something... Sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

Our kids are all elementary school age. He has no other kids besides mine.

Im not saying I want to go out and buy a carseat today.. but a $7 pack of onesies? I drink more money than that in coffee a week lol

Quoting AlleyCat08:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
See, I want to be one of those couponing chicks and snatch up diapers when I can get them at really good discounted prices too, but I am afraid I would look crazy lol

Quoting OneToughMami:

I do it. If I find something I think won't be around when we have a baby I grab it.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I buy bibs and onesies that are silly

Quoting Anonymous:

See, I want to be one of those couponing chicks and snatch up diapers when I can get them at really good discounted prices too, but I am afraid I would look crazy lol

Quoting OneToughMami:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM
What will you do if you can't conceive again? Your husband is right.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN