Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im very upset with my mother.

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM
  • 138 Replies

my mom wants to file for divorce after35 years of marriage.  why? because my dad cant live with her because shes a chain smoker.

my dad had lung cancer, we found it in the begining of June 2013.  He is missing a chunk of his lung but thank god he is cancer free, no chemo needed just routine checkups.  he never smoked a day in his life. his mother was a chain smoker and my moms a chain smoker.  the only  complications he has from the surgery is trying to catch his breath sometimes, he finds it difficult.  after the surgery, my mom still didnt quit her smoking.  not only that she would light up infront of my dad, and he would choke on the smoke.  so he moved in with df and I. i dont want him living there with her if shes goiing to make him uncomfortable.

god so selfish and sad. ive never been this disappointed in my mom before, so i really feel let down.

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM

BUMP!

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM

BUMP!

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Wow. What a selfish woman.
ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Good for him. He can find someone to adjust to his healthier lifestyle. I wish him nothing but the best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Thank goodness you didn't have any kind of hand in this...like providing him a place to stay and then making her feel like shit. Way to get in the middle of another couples problems!!!!

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM
3 moms liked this
I can't imagine how hurt your father is but maybe he's better off. The fact that she chooses cigarettes over her husband of 35 years speaks a lot about her character.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry. MIL was diagnosed with lung cancer and died 6 months later. I am glad your dad beat it.

Shanon1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Wow. Talk about selfish.
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Sorry, that's terrible. Very selfish of your mom.
l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
5 moms liked this

hell yea i stepped in.  he couldnt breath in hisown house.  quitting wasnt an option for her, so moving out was an option for him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank goodness you didn't have any kind of hand in this...like providing him a place to stay and then making her feel like shit. Way to get in the middle of another couples problems!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)