Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he is Mentally ILL... why do I need to kiss is @**?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

I started playing piano when I was 6 and stopped taking lessons around 17 or 18. I got married and the moment I found out I was pregnant with my first child, I wanted to buy a piano for him/her. 

Now, 8 years later, someone offered to GIFT us a piano... we just need to haul it. It's a basic upright. Not the heavy, old fashioned ones, but yes, heavy. The owner said it was a "four person job". 

So I called my dad, who has a truck, and asked him if he'd be willing to help me out. My words were "do you think you and (my brother) could help me pick this up, after the game tonight?" dad says yes. 

Then I called my husband, who was with my brother in law, and told him about it, and asked him to ask my BIL. Then asked him to contact two of his other friends. 

An hour or so later, my dad calls and says I need to "call my brother and ask him personally"... otherwise he won't do it. WHAT?!

So I texted him.. despite my better judgement... and said "are you willing to help with the piano? I have some beers for a "thanks" afterward! lol!" 

And he said "what have you done for ME lately? 

My knee jerk response was "fuck you... forget I asked"... but I stayed calm and responded with a laundry list of all the shit I've done for him in the last week. 

He discounted ALL of it, saying the Thanksgiving Dinner I made tasted awful, the clothes I bought his daughter were ugly, and would be passed on to my daughter anyway- so that was really SELFISH, not helpful, that he gave me $5 in gas money for all the rides I had been giving him, so that makes it not a favor, and that when I surprised him at work with his daughter, my kids were so "out of control" that he couldn't enjoy his daughter at all. Which is totally stupid bc we at dinner in his restaurant, he didn't even wait our table, and I paid for his daughter's dinner. Then he got off work and took her to see Santa, and we left. 

So I went back to my "fuck you"

Why the HELL would my dad ask me to kiss the ass of the man that has made me a target of his aggression for 3 decades, and who has done NOTHING to deserve the kindness I have extended him?! Why should I accomodate the mentally ILL psychopath?!

I'm so mad I'm boiling. I told them forget it. I don't want the piano that bad. That's ridiculous. I'll just wait another 8 years and hope another piano comes along... or I come into some money. 

Dad came by anyway, so they are going to get it... I'm so mad. I don't even WANT their charity. I do'nt want to be in debt to that prick.  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prdmama1154
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Why do you even want your brother around if he's a danger?
Linemanmomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I'm sorry, mentally ill or not, if my asshole brother put hands on me, I would be done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
You need to cut ties. People with that disorder will suck you dry. They are black holes of entitlement.

Just no longer do anything for or with your brother. It will never be good enough and you will always be at fault. Your family will blame you for not enabling add they do but that's their issue. Family is not an excuse for treating someone badly. Practice saying, I'm sorry but no thank you. Don't get into discussions because they crave the interactions. As well it allows them to collect fuel to burn you with.

Cut ties. Your life will be less drama filled.
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM

You know he is close to an episode and you are going to give him beer?

j3st3r
by Jedi on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Why would you ever ask for his help if he's like that? Cut ties.
seksen
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I wouldn't even have any contact with my brother if he was that way.
Mommysmadae
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Screw that. Your brother needs to grow the fuck up. He knows he's mentally ill and yet won't take any drugs for it. That is irresponsible of him and hell no I wouldn't kiss his ass. Seems to me he's been enabled to behave the way he has. 

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
You KNEW he was being an ass, and fed into his bullshit. You should have just let it go.
mab05
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I dont blame you at all!

Id be cutting that asshole out of my life
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Not even sure why you called them.....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)