Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spin Off: Baby gets denied heart transplant.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So usually people on the Internet don't get to me, it's just the Internet, right? But that woman's views on disabled children really got to me. I believe every kid, disabled or not, deserves a chance at life. She keeps making it VERY apparent that disabled children shouldn't get the same treatment as children without disabilities.

So now I want to know. What do you all think? Do you think everyone should get a chance at life, or just the ones without disabilities? What about rich vs. poor. Does a rich person deserve a heart transplant more than a poor person? 

For me, I think it should all be equal. Everyone has a family that loves them, and would give anything to keep them here for as long as they can. I think everyone has an equal right at life.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Replies (11-12):
emandab
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I know, I asked her that.  Said it didn't matter to her.  What a nasty excuse for a mother.  I hope he continues to thrive and do well.  It sounded promising.

Even if she's a troll I don't get it.  What kind of a mother gets her kicks by posting that cruel shit?  I hate trolls that bring kids into made up stuff for entertainment.  It's just wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

She didn't even bother to read the entire article. Which actually turns out really great for the child. I'm hoping she's a troll as well though. Anyone with a child wouldn't talk like that.

Quoting emandab:

That woman was either a troll or a really disgusting, ignorant and heartless woman.  I'm hoping for troll, but really, anyone who would troll about that is disgusting anyways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Ugh... Stupid Internet. Anyways...

Are you asking me that? Because that was said NO WHERE in my post. I talked about disability, and income. I didn't say anything about addiction, or age. With disability and income I believe everyone should have an equal right at life. With addiction I do not think they should be given a higher chance than someone who would actually be responsible and take care of themselves. With age, of course a younger person has a higher chance, the elder person has been able to live their life and I'm sure they themself would make the conscious choice to give up their spot for someone younger.

Quoting JanineDeer:

So we should give alcholics who destroyed their OWN liver, a liver transplant over some other man the same age as they who doesn't drink?

LOL When I'm 84 and need a new heart do you REALLY think I should get one over a young person?  I bet you don't really. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)