Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

need advice on my DD's weight.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

Hiya,   DD is 9 years old,  4f 5"  and  is 83lbs.   According to what I have looked up she is classed as overweight.   can someone please give me some advice on how to get her weight down?  should I say anything to her??  thanks

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I wouldn't say anything to her. No need to give her a complex. How are her eating habits?
MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Can you post a picture of her? You should not go by BMI charts. They are ridiculous. You should absolutely NOT say anything to her. That can cause life long self image and eating issues
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM

dont worry I would NEVER say anything for that very reason.   I cant post a pic right now but can in about an hour when i get my camera back.  I will then

Quoting MommySwiggles:

Can you post a picture of her? You should not go by BMI charts. They are ridiculous. You should absolutely NOT say anything to her. That can cause life long self image and eating issues

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM

wont lie,  it could be better.  It is really hard to get her eatting veggies.  she hates most of them.  I tend to blend and hide them as much as I can.

Quoting asmalltowngirl:

I wouldn't say anything to her. No need to give her a complex. How are her eating habits?

waffa
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM

get her active, don't say a damn thing about weight, and wait for her to grow into her weight...

mine is 9, 4'10, 73lbs with a womans shoe size of 5.5; my only concern is that she grows into those paws like a puppy!

Kids will go thru growth spurts and eating spurts; it doesn't mean they are going to be that way forever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM

More physical activity for whole family , less sweets, drinking water or milk, etc.  I would talk with her doctor if you have any worries about her body having too much weight/mass on it.  Dd is 7 and at 4'3 , 52 lbs.  She is in the 90% for height, 50% for weight.

KKzHappyWith2
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM
If it's truly an issue, just start planning healthier meals & without making it obvious - take her out to do things that are a form of excercise. See if she wants to walk with YOU or something like that a few times a week. Nothing to draw attention toward her, let her think she's just helping mom out. I was a pudgy kiddo.. My mom did these things & I never caught on.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM

My girl is 12 and has worn a women's size 10 shoe for about the last year.  Talk about fear of growing into those paws!  LOL!  From the ages of 8 to 9, she went from a kid's size 5 soccer cleats to a women's size 8.

Quoting waffa:

get her active, don't say a damn thing about weight, and wait for her to grow into her weight...

mine is 9, 4'10, 73lbs with a womans shoe size of 5.5; my only concern is that she grows into those paws like a puppy!

Kids will go thru growth spurts and eating spurts; it doesn't mean they are going to be that way forever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM

hmmm mine is 9 4'5  and 83lbs     I just worry that it will become a problem and I dont want her to be overweight and hating herself.  I just want her to be healthy and a healthy weight.   I have not said a word to her at all.  however some ppl have noticed and said to me that she is putting it on.

Quoting waffa:

asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Cut out gluten. Cut out fatty snacks. Cut out juice and soda.

Tell her the whole family is making lifestyle changes.

Get her active!

Quoting Anonymous:

wont lie,  it could be better.  It is really hard to get her eatting veggies.  she hates most of them.  I tend to blend and hide them as much as I can.

Quoting asmalltowngirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)