Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For moms who have children around 30 years of age

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

This post is for moms who have children around 30 years old.

Do you remember how long you were in labor with each of your children?

Do you remember if you had them before 40 weeks or after 40 weeks?

Do you remember how your pregnancy was like, symptoms, cravings, etc?

The reason I ask is because my mother (even 10 years ago) could never remember how long she was in labor with any of her 3 children. She never remembered what pregnancy was like or childbirth. She has given me zero adivce throughout my pregnancy. I'm 27 years old and having my first and it sucks not having a mother I can turn to for advice (which is why I joined cafemom when I got pregnant). A part of me thinks she is a bad mother for not knowing anything about her own pregnancies, but now I'm just wondering if most mothers are like her. Recently, a friend told me that childbirth sucks so bad that a lot of women just try to erase it from their memories because it was so traumatizing.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:45 PM
My oldest son is 20 and I remember my pregnancy and delivery like it happened yesterday.
romalove
by SakePrincess on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:46 PM

My son is 28.

He was due September 26th.  I remember distinctly that this was the anniversary of my grandfather's death.  He was born on October 12th.  I went two weeks and two days late with him.  He was born on a Saturday.  I went into labor on Wednesday night, and was sporadically in labor throughout Thursday and Friday, they checked me each day, on Saturday morning they finally admitted me.

He was born by C-section because they said he was not coming down into the birth canal and it was "cephalo-pelvic disproportion" (I think).  He was born at a few minutes after 11 in the morning.

My memory for everything, though, is scary good.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM
My grandma has a 38, 37, and 29 year old and she remembers all her labours.
Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM
My oldest is 6 and there's plenty I don't remember already.
ZombieMeat
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM
I was 43 weeks and labored for 18 hours.
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Don't hate on your mom bc she says she can't remember. She is probably doing you a favor by not telling you anything.

Labor/delivery is VERY different for every woman. I actually think you are better off not knowing other peoples stories because people like to talk about horror stories, or they want to give you the "perfect" story. Yours could be anywhere on the spectrum.

My best advise is to be prepared for the things you can control (what you bring to the hospital, keeping active, taking good care of yourself) and don't sweat the stuff you can't control.

Oh, by the way..... I craved cinnamon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM
My mom remembers all of hers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I feel as if I'm going to remember everything from my pregnancy and future pregnancies. I don't get how someone could just simply forget every single aspect. I mean, yea she might not remember the cravings or symptoms she had... but labor, how can a person not remember what should be the best day(s) of their life? It just baffles me.

Quoting Retrokitty:

My grandma has a 38, 37, and 29 year old and she remembers all her labours.

cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:52 PM

My oldest son turned 29 in July. When I had him I was just over 40 weeks. He was due on July 4th, and came nine days later, on Friday the 13th. I went into labor on Thursday night, around 11 pm, and he was finally born 21 VERY LONG PAINFUL hours later, at 8:02 on Friday night, by emergency c-section. My pregnancy with him was pretty normal, my big craving was foot long cheese coneys from Sonic. And, since I was at the beginning of my pregnancy at Thanksgiving and Christmas, I spent most of the holidays in the bathroom, learning the joys of morning sickness. LOL. My daughter will be 27 in February. My pregnancy with her was rough! I had a car wreck, and that's how I found out I was pregnant with her. Had Hyperemesis Graviadia (sp) and ended up in the ER twice with IV's for dehydration. Had another car wreck when I was almost 8 months, and she was born at 35 weeks. She spent 12 days in the NICU. My youngest son turned 20 in November. My pregnancy with him was by far the best. Not a lot of morning sickness, scheduled c-section, but he marched to his own drum, even in utero, and came 11 days before the c-section was scheduled. It also happened to be my 29th birthday, and if he'd of come an hour and 2 minutes later, he'd of come on his dad's 40th birthday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I've googled every story imaginable because I want to be prepared for anything. I'm actually not like most women. I don't get offended or scared easily (my mother knows this). I'm a very curious person and I like to know every little detail. Some people I know do not like hearing the horror stories, but I do, I'm a realist, I know bad things can happen, but I also know how rare a lot of horror stories can be. I know labor is going to be the worst pain ever. '

My childbirth instructor said "Ask your mother how long she was in labor, sometimes this determines how long you will be in labor".... but I've asked her numerous times and she doesn't know.

Quoting crwspringer:

Don't hate on your mom bc she says she can't remember. She is probably doing you a favor by not telling you anything.

Labor/delivery is VERY different for every woman. I actually think you are better off not knowing other peoples stories because people like to talk about horror stories, or they want to give you the "perfect" story. Yours could be anywhere on the spectrum.

My best advise is to be prepared for the things you can control (what you bring to the hospital, keeping active, taking good care of yourself) and don't sweat the stuff you can't control.

Oh, by the way..... I craved cinnamon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)