Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So how many of you people that judge people who use pa....

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:26 AM
  • 397 Replies
14 moms liked this
Have found themselves needing out at one point? If not, don't count yourselves out. If you got laid off and lost everything, guess where you will be? In line at the dcfs office. Don't ever think that karma won't strike. I've seen it happen. So many people who on assistance once thought it would never be them cause somehow they had it all planned out. Think again. Your aren't invincible and neither are your "plans" so stop judging, be humble, and know that our days are numbered. There are more important things to worry about, yes, even than worrying about what the next family is doing.
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx.Doll
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Sometimes being humble is by far too much to ask from people. And you are soooo right! one day we could end up needing pa so people shouldnt judge. Shit happens .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:35 AM
7 moms liked this

There are people it couldn't happen to. I am fully vested in my pension.  In order for it to go bye bye the Federal government would have to go away. And of course, then there would be no PA.

Not everyone is a year or two or three or 6 from being on PA.

pistolpink
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:35 AM
9 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

prettygirl326
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:37 AM
Yeah yeah... Just needed to say that

Quoting pistolpink:

Mobile Photo

prettygirl326
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this
LOL yeah OK. All I'm saying is.... Judgment brings karma. You never know. Could be more than 10 years from now... But you may see it happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

There are people it couldn't happen to. I am fully vested in my pension.  In order for it to go bye bye the Federal government would have to go away. And of course, then there would be no PA.

Droyal14u
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:41 AM
5 moms liked this

That is so true. In 2008, I was divorced, lost my job and got evicted from our home. Triple threat. I had a young son, he was 7 at the time,  at home and we ended up in a shelter. Not because I was a deadbeat, but because I had zero money. Child support paid my car payment (Honda Civic), but didn't put any $ in my pocket. Unemployment didn't kick in for over a month and put me further behind in my bills. I got kicked out of the shelter because they make you put money away for your departure. I understood, but the child support never even came to me, it went straight to the car and I needed my car in order to get a job. It was horrid. Got kicked to friends couches for almost three years as although I'd been in Accounting for over 12 years, I was NOT getting employed. I was sending out resumes like mad and interviewing like crazy. There were just so many applicants at the time, it was a nightmare. Stood in the foodstamp line and also adfc. It was just enough. I knew it wouldn't be a forever thing and appreciated that these programs were available. Before my divorce, I'd NEVER even seen the inside of any county aid department, and I was in my 40's. Now, I will never judge again cause the people in the shelter weren't the derelicts I'd imagined. There were whole families crowded into a small room with just enough room to turn around in. There were three hot meals a day and a plan to become independent again. It was a true class in humility. Although I'd never wanted to be in a shelter, I swear, go there, try it out. I suspect it isn't something most people would ever want to do for any length of time. It is a bit humiliating at first, but then you get off your high horse, you decide to accept the help and MOVE ON. I'm much better for the experience. Better than the streets any day!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting prettygirl326:

LOL yeah OK. All I'm saying is.... Judgment brings karma. You never know. Could be more than 10 years from now... But you may see it happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

So 10 years form now I will be able to qualify for PA while collecting a $90K a year pension? Really?

prettygirl326
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Thank you so much for sharing your testimony. It's truly humbling. This is what I tell people, you just have look at life from all angles. You don't know what a person has gone through. I've been in shelters. I've been there done that. I know how it is. Those are the people who deserve riches because of three humility and golden hearts. They have spiritual wealth. I'm so glad you made it through and got on your feet again.

Quoting Droyal14u:

That is so true. In 2008, I was divorced, lost my job and got evicted from our home. Triple threat. I had a young son, he was 7 at the time,  at home and we ended up in a shelter. Not because I was a deadbeat, but because I had zero money. Child support paid my car payment (Honda Civic), but didn't put any $ in my pocket. Unemployment didn't kick in for over a month and put me further behind in my bills. I got kicked out of the shelter because they make you put money away for your departure. I understood, but the child support never even came to me, it went straight to the car and I needed my car in order to get a job. It was horrid. Got kicked to friends couches for almost three years as although I'd been in Accounting for over 12 years, I was NOT getting employed. I was sending out resumes like mad and interviewing like crazy. There were just so many applicants at the time, it was a nightmare. Stood in the foodstamp line and also adfc. It was just enough. I knew it wouldn't be a forever thing and appreciated that these programs were available. Before my divorce, I'd NEVER even seen the inside of any county aid department, and I was in my 40's. Now, I will never judge again cause the people in the shelter weren't the derelicts I'd imagined. There were whole families crowded into a small room with just enough room to turn around in. There were three hot meals a day and a plan to become independent again. It was a true class in humility. Although I'd never wanted to be in a shelter, I swear, go there, try it out. I suspect it isn't something most people would ever want to do for any length of time. It is a bit humiliating at first, but then you get off your high horse, you decide to accept the help and MOVE ON. I'm much better for the experience. Better than the streets any day!

prettygirl326
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:49 AM
4 moms liked this
There are once millionaires who are now poor. Get over yourself lady. I know it seems "impossible", but don't you get it? You will not be invincible when karma wants to pay you a visit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting prettygirl326:

Quoting Anonymous:

So 10 years form now I will be able to qualify for PA while collecting a $90K a year pension? Really?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting prettygirl326:

There are once millionaires who are now poor. Get over yourself lady. I know it seems "impossible", but don't you get it? You will not be invincible when karma wants to pay you a visit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting prettygirl326:

Quoting Anonymous:

I asked you how I would be able to get assistance while collecting a 90K federal pension.

You don't appear to have an answer.

My parents also have SS and pensions. How would they be able to qualify?  You just dont get that PA isn't a possability for everyone do you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)