Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I gave him THE ultimatum ... ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
Bf and I have been together for 2 yrs. He knows I want to be married. So, I told him that he has until Xmas to ask me to marry him or I'm leaving. We do not have children together and we do live together. ETA: he already introduces me as "his wife" and tells people we are married. We moved I together bc we found a great deal on a house that we loved. Marriage is very important to me and he knows it. He wants another baby and I have refused until we are married. I don't believe in just playing house. If he wants me to be his wife he needs to ask me, not pretend. We are both in our 30's and I don't want to wait forever and have nothing to show for it.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mab05
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Jesus its only been 2 yrs. Poor guy
loverfrombeyond
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Well then.
PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

While I appreciate that you want to get married, is there a reason to question his commitment level that you're now making this type of demand?

Is HE ready to get married? Does he want to? Or does he not feel a "piece of paper" matters if he loves you and and is committed to you and your relationship with him?

Ultimatums don't always turn out the way you want or expect them to. If you're in-love with this man, what are you going to do if he calls your bluff and doesn't meet the December 25th deadline?

destiny3513
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I kinda id that too, it just made us fight. A marriage that starts with an ultimatum won't last. I let it go because I'd rather him want to marry me on his terms. We've been together for four years and have a house and baby...
hissminenours
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:43 AM
You shouldn't have to give him an ultimatum. If he doesn't chose to marry you, then he doesn't want to or isn't ready.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mab05:

Two years plus a one year engagement is enough time to know if you want to marry someone. ETA: I meant we will be engaged for around a year. So three years total before we actually get married.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

if i were him, i'd leave

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM
If you're having to force a guy to marry you, maybe you should wait.
mab05
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Did he actually propose or was this another ultimatum

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mab05:

Two years plus a one year engagement is enough time to know if you want to marry someone.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM
If I were him I'd dump you on the spot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)