Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

inadequate mom?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Sometimes I feel like I'm looked at as not a "real parent" because I didn't give birth to my kids. I tuck them in at night, kiss their boo boos, comfort them when they're sad or don't feel well, teach them how to treat others etc. Just because they didn't come out of my vagina doesn't mean they're not mine. I would gladly lose my life to save theirs. It just cuts deep sometimes when people make certain comments. Like talking about pregnancy and saying oh but you'll know that one day when you're a mom. Excuse me? Some people's ignorance is astounding.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I'm so sorry mama. People are fucking stupid. You are a mom, a real mom, just as much as I am. Don't let them get to you. I'm sure that's easier said than done, I'm sorry. 

LovingFamily8
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM
That was rude. You are a mama :)
rhope4
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Moms who adopt did not experience the pregnancy. Step moms didn't either, but that doesn't make you or them any less of a mother. In some ways, you are actually better because for whatever reason, you are raising a child and giving that child love when the birth mother cannot or will not. Do not let others get you down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Quoting rhope4: Moms who adopt did not experience the pregnancy. Step moms didn't either, but that doesn't make you or them any less of a mother. In some ways, you are actually better because for whatever reason, you are raising a child and giving that child love when the birth mother cannot or will not. Do not let others get you down.

^This.

I never experience natural child birth. eh *shrugs* from what I hear of it, it makes me happy in a way. (Though all of mine were for medical reasons.)

You are doing something amazing! You are taking a child that you have no maternal resonsibility for... and I'm saying this wrong. Forget that.

You are doing something amazing! You opened your home and your heart. You tuck them in, kiss their booboos. In evey way that counts you are Mommy. 

You and that child (ren) are lucky to have each other. 

Family isn't all about blood. It's about loving someone unconditionally. Loving them, wanting to be near them when things are bad and when things are good. 

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM

You're a mother if you are raising kids and love them as your own.  It doesn't matter if you gave birth to them or not.  Loving them is all that matters IMO.  That's a little like saying you didn't give birth if you had a c-section.  Not the same of course but in the same boat.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM
You sound like an amazing mother. Giving birth doesn't make you a mother. Loving a child makes you a mother putting them first. That's all that should matter have you talked to the people that say this and tell them how it makes you feel?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)