Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Teacher Told them Santa isn't real! Final Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 827 Replies
1 mom liked this

My kindergarten student is so upset today. It seems that her stupid teacher took it upon herself to tell the students that the elf on the shelf and Santa is just pretend. I am fucking furious. I guess they are doing a unit in school where they are talking about the difference between real and make believe or some crap and from what my 5 year old told me, another student brought up Santa and the the teacher said that was pretend, which I'm sure lead to the question about elf on a shelf. I've drafted three separate emails to the teacher and haven't sent a single one yet. I'm waiting until I calm down. She ruined Christmas! When I tell my husband he's going to want her fired!

* UPDATE

So I got there and told the principal what happened and he called the teacher in to meet with us. She said she had already gotten several emails from parents who were upset and didn't realize what a big deal it was because she said the kids didn't really show a big reaction in class. I told her my daughter cried when she got home, like the second she walked in the door. The principal seems to think an apology is all that's needed and "what's done is done" I'm still pissed. I've never dealt with the principal before and I'm not a fan. DH will be home in an hour. We'll see how he takes all this news.

*#2 UPDATE

So I told you my husband was going to be pissed. He wants her moved out that class. He's going in to work late today to go down to the school and have my daughter moved in to a class with a different teacher. We don't trust her judgment anymore. If she isn't capable of fielding a simple question like that then who knows what other reckless shit is going to come out of her mouth the rest of the year. 

*3 UPDATE

She's not in the class anymore. DH explained to the principal that we can't trust that teacher's judgment now and she has a new teacher tomorrow. DD will be a little upset because she likes that teacher but kids are resilient and it's not like she will never see her again. It also helps drive home how wrong she was. I can't wait to pick up DD today so I can see the look on her teacher's face when I tell her see-ya. Fucking bitch.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:30 PM
36 moms liked this
Holy over reaction batman!
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Ohhhh.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd have her job, that's BS. I would be beyond furious.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM
4 moms liked this

I get that it was a difficult situation to handle, but what the fuck. She's a teacher! Does this really never come up? Shouldn't be be trained on how to answer this question?

Quoting Anonymous: I'd have her job, that's BS. I would be beyond furious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM
5 moms liked this
I would take it to the principal... that's ridiculous and I would be furious. She had no right!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM
16 moms liked this
Right?!? I get being mad but it isn't grounds for her to be fired.

Quoting Anonymous: Holy over reaction batman!
Anonymous
7 moms liked this

Is she supposed to lie?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM
16 moms liked this

I'm not over reacting, she stole the magic of Christmas from my 5 year old.

Quoting Anonymous: Holy over reaction batman!

Anonymous
21 moms liked this

And what did you say to your child?  Is there any way to salvage the magic or did you just agree that the teacher was right and then fume about how the teacher ruined everything?  Your reaction determines what your child will believe.

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM
18 moms liked this

A kindergarten teacher should know better 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)