Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it selfish of me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies
To want to be able to have a drink or eat a meal, without getting two or three bites or a drink out of the glass before DH and the kids start bugging me? Or to buy myself a treat?

I haven't had a meal in weeks (I only cook what we will eat so it doesn't go to waste) and haven't actually sat down to finish a glass in I don't know how long. The minute I sit down DH and the kids decide that everything is going to go to hell and by the time I deal with it, whatever I had is gone... If I sit down they big me and scream until my head is throbbing so bad I give in just to make the pain subside a little.

Then tonight, I very rarely buy sweets. When I do I try to get a little extra just for me, yet I NEVER get any of it. I got upset when DH walked away with the last of the mini Butterfingers I got, he threw the last one at me and called me a selfish bitch.

I just want something to eat. Something that is for me.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Lol, no but you're a mom and that's just how it goes. 

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
10 moms liked this
You've trained them to treat you like that. Get your food, go into your room and lock the door. Let them work out their issues on their own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I've resorted to hiding a stash of candy when I buy it and eating in secret. You are not alone.
lalaballet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Your dh was wrong for that. You need to set rules. No eating until everyone is at the table. Buy yourself something when out with the kids like a candy bar and say it is yours and absolutely not. Don't give in. They have no respect for you and you need to take it back. Eating is hard with kids but it shouldn't be to that level.
BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Nope. I have had to bite off heads to get people to leave me alone while I eat because everytime I sat down, people would magically be needing me or be hungry themselves. GRRR!! Even at work, I ask people not to talk to me while I eat. Im nice about it, but not so nice when I dont even get a break to eat to begin with and im forced to "drive by eat" on my cold food all morning and then the second I do get to shovel it in, someone wants to spark conversation or ask "is it good...?" FUCK OFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LMAO. I feel better. Thanks.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I hide candy and other treats in my bathroom cabinet. True story.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Wow, are you serious? 

Quoting Leissaintexas: You've trained them to treat you like that. Get your food, go into your room and lock the door. Let them work out their issues on their own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's very disrespectful to call you the B.... word.
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:24 PM
6 moms liked this
Quoting vegaswife2011:

Wow, are you serious? 

Quoting Leissaintexas: You've trained them to treat you like that. Get your food, go into your room and lock the door. Let them work out their issues on their own.

I'm very serious. If you dont demand respect, you'll never get it. Her dh needs to be helping her maintain boundaries, not being an extra child to have to cater to.
suzanneyea
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM

My toddler always wants the food on my plate. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)