Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes I am glad I have a very immature almost 15 yr old child

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

My son has so many mental illnesses and is very immature for his age. When it comes to purchasing gifts for him, he asks for things like Legos or Club Penguin subscriptions still. Holidays are pretty easy to please him, he has not once asked for all those expensive gifts like normal kids his age...

Now my 12 yr old dd is another story:)

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
csxt99
by Jennifer on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I have a 12 y/o daughter.  I know just how bad she can be!  Right now, she is trying to convince us to buy her an Ipod.

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM

All my kids have Ipods already. Next year they will all have Ipads for school, only the older ones will be bringing them home daily though. I am dreading those days.

Quoting csxt99:

I have a 12 y/o daughter.  I know just how bad she can be!  Right now, she is trying to convince us to buy her an Ipod.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:26 PM

My oldest girl went to a technical school her Junior and Senior years.  They had laptops there and she brought hers home everyday.  It actually wasn't too much of a problem with her.

Quoting 2and2onway:

All my kids have Ipods already. Next year they will all have Ipads for school, only the older ones will be bringing them home daily though. I am dreading those days.

Quoting csxt99:

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I would be okay with laptops but the Ipads are so expensive and light weight. Seems like an accident waiting to happen. 

Quoting csxt99:

My oldest girl went to a technical school her Junior and Senior years.  They had laptops there and she brought hers home everyday.  It actually wasn't too much of a problem with her.

Quoting 2and2onway:

Quoting csxt99:

AllyB_
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:34 PM

my 14 year old was walking around the toy department with me and my 4 year olds the other day and he found this big ball thing that has a tiny bead in it and you have to spin the ball around to finish the puzzel and I kind of want to get that toy for him. and he saw this kinex rollar coaster that he said was really cool and I can tell he's still at that age where he's like inbetween a kid and a teenager. its cute. I would get him stuff like that but he would act like he didnt want it haha. but I know he would love the kinex

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM

My sons (14.5 and 6) actually share interests. Many of the gifts I got are for them to share, lego sets and a huge Beyblade arena thingy are 2 of them. My dd has saved over $200 to buy gifts for the family and she asked Jeremiah what he wanted and he said another card for Club Penguin or a hex bug lol

Quoting AllyB_:

my 14 year old was walking around the toy department with me and my 4 year olds the other day and he found this big ball thing that has a tiny bead in it and you have to spin the ball around to finish the puzzel and I kind of want to get that toy for him. and he saw this kinex rollar coaster that he said was really cool and I can tell he's still at that age where he's like inbetween a kid and a teenager. its cute. I would get him stuff like that but he would act like he didnt want it haha. but I know he would love the kinex

AllyB_
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM

thats so fun! When Sam is playing with the 4 year olds he gets pretty involved in playdough or duplos XD the three of them love to wrestle and play fight. I feel like that just never changes for boys hahah

Quoting 2and2onway:

My sons (14.5 and 6) actually share interests. Many of the gifts I got are for them to share, lego sets and a huge Beyblade arena thingy are 2 of them. My dd has saved over $200 to buy gifts for the family and she asked Jeremiah what he wanted and he said another card for Club Penguin or a hex bug lol

Quoting AllyB_:

csxt99
by Jennifer on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Yeah, tha's what I would be worried about, too.

Quoting 2and2onway:

I would be okay with laptops but the Ipads are so expensive and light weight. Seems like an accident waiting to happen. 

Quoting csxt99:

Quoting 2and2onway:

Quoting csxt99:

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Mine are besties and this is how I find them 99% of the time lol

Quoting AllyB_:

thats so fun! When Sam is playing with the 4 year olds he gets pretty involved in playdough or duplos XD the three of them love to wrestle and play fight. I feel like that just never changes for boys hahah

Quoting 2and2onway:

Quoting AllyB_:

AllyB_
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM

aw they are so cute!

Quoting 2and2onway:

Mine are besties and this is how I find them 99% of the time lol

Quoting AllyB_:

Quoting 2and2onway:

Quoting AllyB_:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured