Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE they are now engaged.....I just met my 18 year old DS's 14 year old gf.....ETA It is NOT illegal

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1118 Replies
1 mom liked this

He is 18. I didnt even know what to say. I thought she looked young but I didn't realize how young she was until I asked. I had a very long talk with DS trying to understand what he is thinking. I talked about how his life can be ruined over it. He was saying it wasn't illegal because of a close in age exception but it is still stupid.I am so disappointed in himI am trying to find in the law where it is illegal so I can show him. So far it says you can get in trouble if you are MORE than 4 years which he isnt. Help!http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByArticle/Chapter_14/Article_7A.html

UPDATE: My DS just told me that they got engaged. Ugh this just keeps getting worse and worse

ETA: it seems that it is legal. I feel so disapointed in him. I dont know why he thinks it is okay. I would understand more if he was a senior in HS but he isnt. He lives on his own. He actually is in his second year at college. Before now I have always been so proud of him and always thought he was very mature. Now idk how to feel.

ETA 2: for those of you who cant read. It is legal in my state. Her parents can not press charges

For those who still can not read.... 4 years older is okay. More than 4 is not. She will turn 15 before he turns 19. I have talked to a lawyer and the police about it.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfhsure
by beast mode on Dec. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM
27 moms liked this
I don't get that kind of thing. What does an 18 year old want to do with a girl that young anyway?
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM
The unknown would be scary.
Good luck! I hope he doesn't get in trouble.
Erica705
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM
16 moms liked this
That is one of those things where the age difference matters because of their ages. If he were 21 and she were 18 you probably wouldn't care so much. But right now it's inappropriate. Just explain that to him.
JohnnysGirl1967
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Holy shit!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I don't know. He couldn't explain either

Quoting rfhsure: I don't get that kind of thing. What does an 18 year old want to do with a girl that young anyway?
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM
4 moms liked this
Is that even legal? I would be so disgusted if that were my son.
BambiF
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Fucky
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Oh I did. It isn't that huge of an age gap but her age is just too young

Quoting Erica705: That is one of those things where the age difference matters because of their ages. If he were 21 and she were 18 you probably wouldn't care so much. But right now it's inappropriate. Just explain that to him.
rfhsure
by beast mode on Dec. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM
7 moms liked this
If he can't explain what he even sees in her then he obviously isn't interested in who she is. I would make it very clear to him that if he's only looking for sex he needs to find it in a girl his age.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't know. He couldn't explain either

Quoting rfhsure: I don't get that kind of thing. What does an 18 year old want to do with a girl that young anyway?
MotherLady
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM
2 moms liked this
You need to make it clear to him that sex is not an option. Not with her. Make sure he understands!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)