Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's not my fault, so you can't be mad.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was at a bonfire last night, with adults and lots of drinking. My friend had her 2 year old there. I left my 2 year old with a babysitter, because I don't want her around fire and drinking. I was using one of those water bottles where you pull up the lid to drink out of, and I sat it on the ground next to my lawn chair. It was this random concoction that someone made, I think it had tequila and some different juices in it. (it was amazing!)
The next thing I knew, the kid was drinking out of my cup and the mom was no where to be seen. Luckly, I had drank it all so there was only maybe a sip left. She showed up right as I yanked it away from them, and she starts screaming at me! She said it was all my fault and that I had to leave. She was the host, so we packed up and left.

I don't think she had any right to kick me out, because he shouldn't have been there to begin with. She texted me this morning to tell me that he is throwing up, but I said it was because of the 6 full smores that she let him eat, and not the drop of my drink. She is now cussing me out on Facebook and telling me I am a horrible person and mother. I have deleted and blocked her, but she is getting on my last nerve.

PS: Here is a test for you. I am always posting here in MC, so lets see who can figure out who I am.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Closet_Case
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Don't bring your kid to a party with open containers of alcohol, simple as that. She just wanted it to look like you were the bad guy for her kid drinking bc she wasn't watching.
(Ps I have no idea who you are)
KikiB85
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM
She's an idiot
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Her fault and she doesn't want to blame herself. By now she's probably weaves a totally false story in her mind to absolve her self of guilt and make you look like a bad person ... Smh

Quoting Anonymous:

I was at a bonfire last night, with adults and lots of drinking. My friend had her 2 year old there. I left my 2 year old with a babysitter, because I don't want her around fire and drinking. I was using one of those water bottles where you pull up the lid to drink out of, and I sat it on the ground next to my lawn chair. It was this random concoction that someone made, I think it had tequila and some different juices in it. (it was amazing!)
The next thing I knew, the kid was drinking out of my cup and the mom was no where to be seen. Luckly, I had drank it all so there was only maybe a sip left. She showed up right as I yanked it away from them, and she starts screaming at me! She said it was all my fault and that I had to leave. She was the host, so we packed up and left.

I don't think she had any right to kick me out, because he shouldn't have been there to begin with. She texted me this morning to tell me that he is throwing up, but I said it was because of the 6 full smores that she let him eat, and not the drop of my drink. She is not cussing me out on Facebook and telling me I am a horrible person and mother. I have deleted and blocked her, but she is getting on my last nerve.

PS: Here is a test for you. I am always posting here in MC, so lets see who can figure out who I am.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM

bump!

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Well, if she's host, she has every right to kick you out.

But she's being crazy. She should have been watching her child.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Well she's the idiot, not you.
lalaboosh
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM
3 moms liked this
What a dumb broad! My first thought was why have a toddler running around drunk people and a bon fire? !
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM
She was wrong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:07 PM
3 moms liked this

Yeah, that is why we left as soon as she told us to. I don't need crazy in my life. I have CM for that.

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh: Well, if she's host, she has every right to kick you out.

But she's being crazy. She should have been watching her child.

ramita
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Myself as a kid and many other kids I've been around have had a sip of a drink before, and unless he was allergic to something in the drink he wouldn't be throwing up. If you're going to have your kids around it you have to keep a close eye on them or you better expect it to happen. Kids are naturally curious, and well curiosity and possibly thirst for the better of him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)